High level hacks and amateurs

Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:35 AM (105 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2015 9:11 AM

ZioMio:

BogeyATsix:
    who started new accounts and pass themselves off as hacks or amateurs

Odd comment from someone relatively new that has gotten sour in such a short time.

Was just thinking the same thing...supposedly joined a month ago and already jaded and suspicious?...lol...maybe not his first rodeo, either.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2015 2:19 PM

ZioMio:

BogeyATsix:
    who started new accounts and pass themselves off as hacks or amateurs

Odd comment from someone relatively new that has gotten sour in such a short time.

Actually I think it is pretty accurate and a true summation, I think very early on when I played I saw some players with great skill using the same starters equipment.

At that stage I realised that they were re-starts/multi's or were manipulating the game in some way. I vowed not to play for credits.

A look at any leaderboard in the lower tiers is evidence, and many of these "new" players also play match play and skins, often punching way beyond their own weight (and fool to those high tiered players taking them on).

The game has little integrity and players exploit that.

I think I prefer a sandbagger (if no credits are involved) over an out and out cheat.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2015 3:22 PM

"The game has little integrity and players exploit that."

Alan, you are correct. I would add that a game (golf), which is predicated upon integrity, ...where players are expected to hold themselves to the highest levels of sportsmanship and fairness, even to the point of calling a self-penalty for the smallest of infractions...is so rife with cheats and exploiters in the virtual world.

Damn shame..

ct

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 9:38 PM

ct690911:

"The game has little integrity and players exploit that."

that a game (golf), which is predicated upon integrity, ...where players are expected to hold themselves to the highest levels of sportsmanship and fairness, even to the point of calling a self-penalty for the smallest of infractions...is so rife with cheats and exploiters in the virtual world.

yeppers!!! ^^^well said^^^ ,  i can imagine there's so many multi- accounts that WGT simply can't keep up, that's why i only play the cheap rg's & hope 2 be in the top 15( "hard to beat all the TL's restarters" LOL ) , but all in knowing this is my 1st & last account!!! & i can be a "average" legend w/ integrity & morals!!           :)   ..

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2015 8:53 AM

Golf in real-life is just as rife with a lack of true integrity with lower level golfers but they generally don't win many tournaments before they are discovered and the local club or regional golf association takes some sort of action. There are sandbaggers who don't post every score, others who intentionally inflate scores, others who take "gimmees" but still post, the five finger wedge, the foot wedge, etc. The biggest aid to catching them is the requirement that they play tournaments in groups where their competitors can catch them in the act.

The SCGA locally has taken disciplinary action in a number of cases where they have flagged tournament performances that are out of line with handicaps the players have established. Most local clubs do it before the SCGA even gets involved.

To catch many multi-accounters and those with illegal swing aids in this game WGT needs to add the ability to play in multiplayer groups in tournaments. Besides a cheater being caught using an illegal aid, cheaters are much more liable to slip up in chat about another account during the course of a round. Most of them will continue to play alone but that in itself becomes a flag if they NEVER play with anyone else. You're not going to catch them all but a dent could be put in it.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2015 9:35 AM

"..Most of them will continue to play alone, but that in itself becomes a flag if they NEVER play with anyone else. You're not going to catch them all but a dent could be put in it."

I thank you for the insight...I don't play real golf, but watch the pros on TV, ergo my statements about self-regulation. What you said about weeding out the cheats at the lower levels makes sense. I have to say that it's ironic, and very odd, that these people who game the system, or outright cheat, often play alone...I mean, who are they ultimately cheating?...lol

ct

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2015 4:37 PM

ct - yes, by the time players get to the top ranks (the ones you see on tv) they truly are the cream of the crop. The same happens here. purses and wagers should be severely limited here, with Hacks and Amateurs unable to wager credits or win them and the purses starting very small for Pros on up. Legends and up have earned the right to go for big paydays and limiting low level wagering and purses would stop the multis in their tracks.

It won't happen because WGT makes too much money by allowing it.

• samppa454
    308 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2015 4:54 PM

Old forum, LOL :D I have been lucky enough to not play often against these cheaters. Although that may be due to I advanced to Legend tier when I was lv.70 something and played very often against pro`s or higher in matchplay. I do not remember very well, but I remember once as a legend playing a hack in matchplay that hit his starter irons very nicely (as good as me or better), but could not sink the putts at all, LOL. So I won. Also, these high level hacks and amateurs should be honest and play their way up to a tier where they really belong! I know this is a game but I do not understand why these high level hackers are allowed to play for credits, if they just play practice rounds. A 54 hcp person (who just plays practice rounds) playing with 74 strokes on a par 72 in a competition in real life would be accused for cheating. So why does not WGT do nothing about these cheating hackers and amateurs? By reading the comments this is a somewhat common problem.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2015 6:04 PM

samppa454:

Old forum, LOL :D I have been lucky enough to not play often against these cheaters. Although that may be due to I advanced to Legend tier when I was lv.70 something and played very often against pro`s or higher in matchplay. I do not remember very well, but I remember once as a legend playing a hack in matchplay that hit his starter irons very nicely (as good as me or better), but could not sink the putts at all, LOL. So I won. Also, these high level hacks and amateurs should be honest and play their way up to a tier where they really belong! I know this is a game but I do not understand why these high level hackers are allowed to play for credits, if they just play practice rounds. A 54 hcp person (who just plays practice rounds) playing with 74 strokes on a par 72 in a competition in real life would be accused for cheating. So why does not WGT do nothing about these cheating hackers and amateurs? By reading the comments this is a somewhat common problem.

This brings up another problem that I alluded to in a different thread...because better equipment is based on level and not tier, many of the high level-low tier players have very good equipment. They don't have to "cheat"...the much closer tee boxes provides them with a huge legitimate advantage... enough to hold their own against almost any tier.

• FireGuy1944
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2016 2:10 AM

i can agree with others after my last alternative shot. there are some that have not seen the outside of alternative shot. they have no idea.  One guy admitted to me theat henever played a ranked game.

RSS