• ShankYou2
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 10:42 PM

Fubar,

Did you notice it was a par 3 course?

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 7:19 AM

Do want to point something out - allthough the lower tier player posts a low score for his tier it doesn't mean he actually played better than the higher tier player and outscored him that is pure illusion - First the Lower Tier plays less yardage for the golf course doesn't he/she so that saves strokes doesn't it seeing how the Higher Tier player has to shoot off the Blue Tees or White Tees where the Hack shoots from the Red Tees would not this have a impact on stroke play?

• artiedushay
    1,776 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 2:04 PM

the lower tier player is using a ball with little or no spin ,  so I am surprised with some of these low scores

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 2:12 PM

SilverKNite:
    First the Lower Tier plays less yardage for the golf course doesn't he/she

Yes, from Hack through Tour Master.

SilverKNite:
    so that saves strokes doesn't it

No. Because things like shot accuracy, equipment and balls and green speeds enter the equation.

SilverKNite:
    would not this have a impact on stroke play?

Not necessarily.This all depends on the skill set of the players and the course difficulty.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:41 AM

CanineSupervisor:

SilverKNite:
    First the Lower Tier plays less yardage for the golf course doesn't he/she

Yes, from Hack through Tour Master.

SilverKNite:
    so that saves strokes doesn't it

No. Because things like shot accuracy, equipment and balls and green speeds enter the equation.

SilverKNite:
    would not this have a impact on stroke play?

Not necessarily.This all depends on the skill set of the players and the course difficulty.

YA, what that dog boss feller dude said.

• TWirkkala
    50 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 6:00 AM

Another epidemic is guys that exclusively play people that aren't as advanced as them so they can pad their match play total or generally enhance their chances of winning. lol!  I looked at your match play wins. 27-2 against hacks, impressive! HaHa

• TWirkkala
    50 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:22 AM

That's not a good argument. Good equipment becomes available the higher you go in level. You forget about that?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:31 AM

TWirkkala:

Another epidemic is guys that exclusively play people that aren't as advanced as them so they can pad their match play total or generally enhance their chances of winning. lol!  I looked at your match play wins. 27-2 against hacks, impressive! HaHa

Oh for sure...some, not all. It is not uncommon, depending on the circumstances of blind play...to get a game with anyone available, this disparity happens. I know for myself that I can neither get a blind game in match nor alt...also, many spanking new hacks will play with anybody because most people won't play with them....I think ;-}

• TWirkkala
    50 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:31 AM

This morning, as I always do, I joined  blitz for warm up, and "old dood" asked me to leave. Why? I ask. He wouldn't say. He was a master like me. there was 1 hack waiting too. I got the impression he wanted fodder so he could have an easy win. Finally he told me to f***off and he quit! SweetiePie anytime we could play 9 would be a welcome opportunity. I love playing people better than me. I learn so much!

• ct690911
    7,185 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 12:27 PM

You are right Sweetie Pie...I had a hell of a time getting games with anyone when I was a junior tier...part of the reason I decided to become a legend...I still suck, but at least I'm getting invites and folks are responding to mine. I only play Alt and play for the enrichment I get from meeting new people and connecting with old friends....wgt, for all its many faults and glitches, at least provides a platform for that.

ct

RSS