Forums

Help › Forums

High level hacks and amateurs

Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:35 AM (105 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 11:59 AM

And then there's all the far eastern clones running around from Legend Tier on down .... the clue is in the "Y" ... you'll find him if you look .... or them .... or .... 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:36 PM

Yep...I found one person with 45+ accounts, just to get the free balls. And, every account has the same name, except for one letter or number deviation. I stopped following that trail when I reached the TL, who coincidentally stopped playing around the time 1st acct was set up. The free balls WGT gives away for adding friends is about 100.00 (U.S). Saw a tourney board today with a player in top ten 3 times, same name, just used 2006,2007,2008 or something similar. Reported a player who joined, and 2 days later won a RG crystal. Still playing, too. I believe that once WGT accepts your money, they cannot ban or kick you out without refunding the money (ex.- a person goes in store and buys a pack of cigarettes, cashier takes money, and then says "hey, are you sure you're old enough? I need some ID"...the person shows ID and is NOT old enough so the cashier, by law, has to give the money back. If not, it's theft (because WGT should check the people BEFORE accepting the money). That's why some multi's get away with it. I'm watching the "cousin" guy who is leading some monthly tourneys, just to see if he/she is paid. I can't get over the blatant 45+ account player. His bag won't hold all those free srixions, lol. Anyway, back to hacking away seeking that level 90+ level. And, no, icon or bledsho, I won't tell who it is. Been there, done that, and NOTHING happens. Still love the game. :)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:12 PM

I pointed out 15 people with the same username and consecutive numbers to a moderator last week and the next day they were all gone. If you report this stuff they check the IP addresses and remove those that have the same ones.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:42 PM

this may have been said - but if not......

personally - just do what you do and play - if lower tiered or high level baggers ticks you off - it's cuz likely you've done things the right way - joined wgt - teed it up - hit it - post a score - and let the chips fall where they may. 

if folks want to spend their energies ensuring some sort of advantage by 'not' doing what I just said - that's their deal - but it's not honorable imho.  the system will catch up with everyone eventually - it's inevitable 

just play - enjoy - avoid the traps set by 'gamers' and find some 'real' folks to enjoy your time with here :)

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:55 PM

fiveintwo:

I guess my question would have to be...what was the advantage of me making the move up to Master..I now play against tour pros that have the same equipment I do & are 20-30 yards closer from the tee box...its that my reward for hard work & honest play?   Hmmmm......

The 'advantage' is you learn more aspects of the game, aspects you will need to compete at the higher levels. The point is honesty and a new challenge. You have likely noticed that when you moved back to the Master's tees the holes look entirely different. It's like starting a new game. It happens again when you move up to Legend, it stops the game becoming boring.

Sandbaggers are generally despised as cheats and thieves, for most people it is seen as immoral. For me doing what is 'right' is important, that is reason enough.

• Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:42 AM

Well, it's happened again. Got my clock cleaned by a "hack" who was clearly not a hack. Didn't know how widespread this was, so I came here. The existence of this and other threads answered my question.

This guy's trash talk was nuclear, so I turned off the chat button on the 2nd hole. His handle is the name and number of a popular athlete. It's pretty jolting because most of the people I meet here are decent people. I guess I'll avoid match play again for a while, and stick to stroke games.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:06 PM

Naugahyde:

Well, it's happened again. Got my clock cleaned by a "hack" who was clearly not a hack. Didn't know how widespread this was, so I came here. The existence of this and other threads answered my question.

This guy's trash talk was nuclear, so I turned off the chat button on the 2nd hole. His handle is the name and number of a popular athlete. It's pretty jolting because most of the people I meet here are decent people. I guess I'll avoid match play again for a while, and stick to stroke games.

For this reason, I stick to my Country Club for Match Play and Alt. Shot. I wont put up with it on the course, and most certainly wont put up with it on a video game

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:07 PM

I'm surprised that this is still brought up.  If you're playing a hack or amateur over level 50 or a master over level 90, you need to get some credits taken from you.

There's no rule saying that you have to play against anyone put up against you.  You can always walk away and play someone more honest.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:15 PM

LOL, Michael. Exactly.

My question is - why would a Master be playing MP against a Hack, to begin with? 

LMAO !!!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:52 PM

CanineSupervisor:

LOL, Michael. Exactly.

My question is - why would a Master be playing MP against a Hack, to begin with? 

LMAO !!!

Ya got me.  When I play MPC, I give my prospective opponent a once-over.  If I'm about to play a level 90 tour pro with top SLDR and R11s, I suddenly have a connection issue.

RSS