Forums

Help › Forums

High level hacks and amateurs

Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:35 AM (105 replies)
  • alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 2:14 PM

fiveintwo:

I guess my question would have to be...what was the advantage of me making the move up to Master..I now play against tour pros that have the same equipment I do & are 20-30 yards closer from the tee box...its that my reward for hard work & honest play?   Hmmmm......

good point 5in2!

I used to kick quite a few Masters' $sses when I was a TP, now I have to protect my own rear...

But that's how it works if we don't hide behind averages and low round numbers - I feel fine now, having contributed to the WGT gods of Mammon - ehm no, profit-oriented business.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:53 AM

UUUUUMMMMM... u dont have to play other tour pro's ...??  after u get master u can join games... and under click on ..MASTER PLUS... or create a game... and BOOT any ya dont want...

hit em good ..peace

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:10 PM

Ty for the hint flashy, but I like to prove that I can protect myself, and it's getting better every day!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:35 PM

lee22sharon:

Jerm65:

Pecep:
    am astounded that he got this far without being called in for questioning

No kidding, eh?  Where's the local constabulary when you need them?  Oh right.  They're likely off chasing after level 90 Masters and other hardened criminals.

Book.....cover.....judge.....etc.

Iam a 91 (6500 points short of 92) level Master.  We have never played.  I am from a state that does not allow me to play for credits.  After you are all done playing me in a round you can say anything you want, until then use caution in your blanket statements.My nickle.

I think you missed the point, Lee.

Pecep is a level 90 Master, and is calling out a level 31 Hack.  A lot of people around here might consider a level 90 Master to be practicing the same "pace of progress" (that's my nice term for sandbagging).

I was pointing out to Pecep that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, since level 90 Masters could be considered to have the same cover as level 31 Hacks. (operative word being "could"....)

Besides, I really don't see the problem?  Did the Hack not lose badly enough?  Should they have acknowledged the obvious superiority of the Master and committed Seppuku afterwards?  Or are Hacks simply not allowed to hit fairways and greens?

Caveat emptor......

• Oledood
    22 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:06 PM

OK folks,  I have to admit it.  Most of you all said the same thing. I agree; I guess its my fault I played with them and wont be doing it again.  I will be more guarded on what levels the players are before I play them.     Thank you.

• Tony2443239
    29 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 12:21 AM

Dont know if this falls into the same catagory but what about returning master /lgends

feel that i have just been sandbaged by one l44 master with only 10 awards and very little info on his profile dropping shots on every hole from 2in to 2ft when confrunted about it no answer was given.Is there no way of stopping these players,it spoils the game for us up and comming players.

• jnorton22002
    990 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 12:51 PM

I am a level 65 master and have played tour pros  and pros that hit from a shorter distance yes. But, for me, the thing is we should be better and I think we generally show it. Yesterday, i played one and he could hit the ball farther than me but that was it . He didn't do well on his shorter shots. I also would like to  know how someone can "STAY " a tour pro, I didn't have a choice. What did I miss

• LUNDY88
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:57 AM

I just played you in match play, I'm a level 18 and its my forth day playing this game.  I really dont appreciate being called a cheater, maybe you're just not that good.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:57 PM
    jnorton22002:
    I also would like to  know how someone can "STAY " a tour pro, I didn't have a choice. What did I miss
    I missed it, too, by playing ranked strokeplay rounds. If you omit these you can stay in a tier forever.
    (Playing only bad ranked rounds seems too dull to do)
RSS