Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring and Courses

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 19 2009 7:58 PM (4 replies)
  • clemsondds
    4 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 7:45 PM

Hello all, I am new to the site and really am loving it. I just have a couple questions. First, how does the scoring work? I have been shooting +1 or even par for all my rounds and I'm a 104.36?? What does that mean? Secondly, are there ways to play a full 18 and not just 9 holes? And lastly, are there more courses than just kiawah and that other course (sorry forgot the name)? Well thanks.  

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 9:57 PM

The back nine for Kiawah should be coming before to long.  Other courses are planned from what I have read in other posts.

• clemsondds
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 5:54 PM

Thanks! Now if I can just get someone to explain the scoring to me. Take care

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 6:27 PM

Your Average Score is the weighted average of your ten best out of your last fourteen stroke play scores (Practice rounds are not included). Your most recent scores are weighted more heavily to ensure there is no "sandbagging".

Then multiply it by 2 to get an 18 hole score (since we only have 9 holes available for play right now).

I don't know what the formula is if you have less than 14 rounds (as you do).

So basically, it's what you shoot (on average) for 18 holes.

• clemsondds
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 7:58 PM

Oh ok great. Thanks. Yeh I kinda figured that...just didn't know how they did it before I get to 14 rounds. Oh well, guess I'll be patient and wait till I get to 14

RSS