Forums

Help › Forums

Best Wedges

Wed, Mar 7 2018 11:00 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 6:57 AM

Next time get more an higher and better wedges.

What can you recommend to mee ??

Thanks  Greets from the Alps.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:21 AM

You can't go wrong with the Satins. I still use them as a Legend. All wedges have faster meters than you'll be used to, but you have to get used to faster meters sometime.

• alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 10:29 AM

@ piztaker

but you have to get used to faster meters sometime ???

I think slow meters have more reflection to hit the excellent ding.

Regards from the Alps

• alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:09 PM

But there are a lot of Satin Wedges.

Some say, that the Cleveland are the best. They have a little more Spin than the Taylors.

Here are the diferent Satin Clubs.

And how do i use now ???

Z Satin TP 54° Wedge     11o yrd
    Z Satin TP 52° Wedge     105 yrd
    Z Satin TP 54° Wedge       98 yrd
    Z Satin TP 56° Wedge       93 yrd
    Z Satin TP 60° Wedge       90 yrd
    Z Satin TP 58° Wedge       86 yrd
    Z Satin TP 60° Wedge       77 yrd
    Z Satin TP 64° Wedge       50 yrd
    Z Satin TP 64° Wedge       50 yrd

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 12:48 PM

I agree with Piz, the Clevelands offer more precision and spin and most players who can get them probably do.  But, in all honesty, they're probably not worth nearly 4 times the price of the Satins.  The 64° in particular is outstanding value for money.  Having said that I have the top Clevelands. 

What can I say?  Because they're there.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:45 PM

MainzMan is correct. I also use the Clevelands, but that was because I could  LOL Having said that some of the best players on WGT  use Satins  and for sure they use the level 39  50 yd wedge

• alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:06 PM

changed 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:15 PM

I'll put in a word for the level 42 Pings at 200c each.  Been using the 56, 60, and 64 and am very satisfied with them...three good wedges for less than the price of one Cleveland.  Having said that, some day I'll probably splurge on the Clevelands just to see what they're like.

Credits are meant to be spent, right? ;-)

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,297 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:08 PM

I believe theres to major diferences in the two best wedges out there in my opinion , the satins and the clevelands are excellent, and Im going to throw in one more dark horse the snake eyes are excellent and cheap.   the satins stop usually where the yardage says , and has a small amount of back spin , its enough. The Clevelands have a lot of back spin ,somtimes to much, but to me seem stronger in deeper ruff, and are excellent for short punch shots around green with great pinpoint shooting , I guess the Biggest diference is price I carry 3 sometimes 4 wegdes at one time , and dont use a hybrid or wood, if you are on the short grass 3 iron that goes 210 to 230. wegdes are your period at the end of the sentence, just think.   punch, flop,chip,pitch,full swing half swing, or less.any where inside 100. if you have mastered your wedges you should have a chance at a one putt. 4 satins under 1000credits, 4 clevelands easily 1800 credits or more.  

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:55 PM

Personally I think its easier to stick it tight with clevelands, but you'll get more holeouts with zsatin and pings due to release.

I play the clevelands but many of the best in game use the satin 64 wedge

http://www.wgt.com/members/BolloxInBr/default.aspx

You can't go wrong in either direction with wedges

• PAGES
RSS