Forums

Help › Forums

Short Game Profile

Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:46 AM (34 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:58 AM

Marioh,  funny you should say you had wished you tracked your ready go stats by course .. I did .... very interesting ... tells me where to play and not to play.   Sounds like you guys are stats nuts just like me.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 8:51 AM

Oh yeah, that I am.

That's why I'm a big fan of baseball, and an even bigger fan of baseball simulators and the stats generated by them.

PS:   Sweet looking spreadsheet.   I'm an excel n00b, so my spreadsheets are haphazardly put together and my formula usage is quite simplistic.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 10:27 AM

Here's a tip .... learn how to use pivot tables.    They are worth their weight in Gold Tour GI SD golf balls.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:52 PM

Food for thought 

I'm presently looking at a method that will define ones overall game.  There is only one drawback, GIR.  However, If I have a starting point, which includes the H&E, Sandman, #birdies, #pars, etc, as well as GIR.  I should be able to determine ones current level of play.  For example,  percentage of one putts, two putts, others, scrambling to save par, recovery from a sandtrap. 

However alot more data would need to be collected,  essentially your putting stats.  Would anyone be interested in providing such data to have an accurate representation of ones overall game play.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:14 AM

Infinito3010:

Food for thought 

I'm presently looking at a method that will define ones overall game.  There is only one drawback, GIR.  However, If I have a starting point, which includes the H&E, Sandman, #birdies, #pars, etc, as well as GIR.  I should be able to determine ones current level of play.  For example,  percentage of one putts, two putts, others, scrambling to save par, recovery from a sandtrap. 

However alot more data would need to be collected,  essentially your putting stats.  Would anyone be interested in providing such data to have an accurate representation of ones overall game play.

Sure, why not.

The more stats, the merrier.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:21 AM

I love stats!

this is a great thread. i most definatly would support a way to see some more detailed stats on my game play. unortunatly i'm not clued up with how to keep good stats so i wouldnt be much help but i would love to be a part of what could be great here and take any tips on how with open arms

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:32 PM

First I will develop the spreadsheet, then once I'm satisfied I will open it to everyone else.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:17 PM

I think i know my overall gameplay it stinks lol

GREAT IDEA though woul be very interested

thx csc

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 8:09 AM

I'm with you. But I guess I would like to know how "stinky" I really am.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 12:41 PM

So far I have determined corrected values for the following.

G.I.R.

% of 1 putts

% of 2 putts

% of  others

Scrambling %

Putts/hole

Yet to do

% sand save

Initial spreadsheet has been completed.  A player will need to register with the following values as a starting point.

1. Driving Accuracy
    2. G.I.R
    3. Holed approach shots
    4. % scrambling
    5. % sand save
    6. % 1 putt
    7. % 2 putt
    8. % others
    9. total putts
    10. # aces
    11. # double eagles
    12. # eagles
    13. # birdies
    14. # pars
    15. # bogeys
    16. # double bogeys
    17. # others
    18. Ham & Egg award
    19. Sandman Award
    20. bottom of the cup for 9
    21. bottom of the cup for 18
    22. # of flagsticks hit

As you can see there is alot of data that needs to be inputted. 

RSS