Sat, Apr 4 2009 11:15 PM (50 replies)
  • golfguy1800
    45 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 8:13 PM

YES, PLEASE

• Hard3
    2 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2009 9:06 AM

So, you want to hack out the hacks that already signed up?

That doesn't seem fair!

Why not let amateurs fill in the rest of the hack openings?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2009 12:50 PM

No, I'm not taking out the hack tier.  There's enough people now to support a tournament for it.

Sorry for Amateurs who missed the signup but, as I've said before, I need a break from organizing this month so the tournament is small (less for me to do).  I want to make sure I'm not burned out and that April gets the full amount of effort it deserves.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2009 9:02 PM

OP Updated

Let the March Doubles Match Championship begin!  Watch the first post of this thread throughout the tournament for updates on the action!

Good luck to all the teams!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 11:04 AM

Congrats to team Albatross for winning their first round match!

For those who have played, how is this format holding up so far?  Is it a true pain to play in foursomes or has the game been performing ok?

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 11:07 AM

Bobmarokk and I played our game today against goldenglove and ballsdeep2. On the first hole, bobmarokk's ball and mine went on the edge of the green, 7 and 8 yards away. Balsdeep2  was in the bunker. When goldenglove went to play his shot, the game freezed so we had to start again. We tried to place our balls in the same place. I got a WARNING for taking too long because I was talking. I placed my ball 9YARDS from the hole, and, therefore, ON THE FRINGE INSTEAD OF ON THE GREEN. Goldenglove was now 115 yards away instead of the 123 that he was before, but we let him play it from there and they ended up winning the hole.

On the second, when I was putting to birdie the hole, I clicked when there were 15 seconds left, but the computer ignored me and the time kept running down to zero. I got one stroke penalty and then missed the putt, so we lost the hole.

Considering we had lest goldenglove play ten yards further than he should have done, and that I played my putt from the fringe instead of the green on the first hole, I expected goldenglove to say: OK, it was a glitch, we halved the hole. But he didn't.

In the end, if we consider that they won that hole, we lost by one. If we consider that we halved it, we drew, and we will have to play sudden death.

Nivlac: decision?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 11:17 AM

Wow ok, I see what you're saying here.  Gimme a minute to think this one over.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 11:52 AM

Ok, I'm almost to a decision, I need a little more info though.

Seve or Bob:

Basically, you lost the 2nd hole because of the 1 stroke penalty?  Had you not been penalized for the timer, #2 would've been a draw and thus, the entire match would've been a draw.  Correct?

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 12:19 PM

Yes! you right (correct) about that nivlac.

By the way coastal connection didnt birdied the second, it was a par, the same would seveking do if it wasn`t for that glitch!

When things are said and done, must say that it was very fun to play doubles, we need it more often in the future.

Thanks wathever your decision may be:-)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 12:48 PM

Ruling wiped due to conflicting information.

RSS