skip nav

Forums

Augusta/The Masters 2013 petition

Sun, Apr 14 2019 4:02 PM by LEDzZzEPP. 410 replies.
  • overtheedge United States
    5,793 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:27 AM

I am with you 100% GC. I am absolutely positive that it is a dream of all of our top players to bring Augusta to WGT. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Richard4168 United States
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:33 AM

I've said it before. The gentlemen at Augusta are feeling the pinch in their wallets like everyone else in this American economy. I honestly believe with the right negotiations and the right price, WGT could be allowed to shoot the Augusta national course in HD, with stipulations of how the course could be used once set in game-mode I'm sure. Maybe it would be just a CTTH course, whatever the case may be, it's worth a shot like GC has suggested with this thread.

Where do I sign the petition?

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:44 AM

C'mon who wouldn't want to play Amen Corner on WGT!!  Of course I support it!!

Before someone says it can't happen because EA Sports has Augusta National locked up I'd like to say I've searched and viewed many reports of the EA Sports and Masters agreement last year, including press releases from EA Sports, Masters.com, Forbes.com....

No where did anyone say it was an exclusive licensing agreement between Augusta and EA Sports.

Furthermore, this quote last year from Augusta National Chairman Billy Payne: 

"We hope our inclusion will foster an appreciation for the history and traditions of the Masters and inspire the next generation of golfers. Equally important is its ability to help further the mission of the Masters Tournament Foundation with the entirety of its proceeds."

indicates to me if the $$ generated by having Augusta on WGT are significant, then the door could be open.  And according to WGT, this is the #1 online golf game.

I for one wouldn't mind having Augusta as the 1st pay-to-play WGT course.  All proceeds going to the Masters Tournament Foundation of course.

How about it WGT?

Digg
    Delicious
  • YankeeJim United States
    24,370 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:47 AM

Would love to see Augusta here. And THAT would be worth paying for. Just keep it away from the cartoon section.

BTW, Andy, that hole was a riot to watch last year. Simple little par 3 that gobbled up balls in the trap over it and the water in front of it. They're still looking for Jiminez' ball in the rough back there.:-D

Digg
    Delicious
  • Richard4168 United States
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:49 AM

That's great news Andy, and it offers a glimmer of hope.

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:03 AM

Thank you Richard.

Digg
    Delicious
  • GoodyChamp Netherlands
    588 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:11 AM

Wow, gr8 piece of work that 12th hole Andy! Wanna start playing immediatly, brilliant. And...your research should give us at least a glimmer of hope ;-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • mara43 Ireland
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:15 AM

LOL....very well put together Andyson

I lend my support to the cause.

Hole #12, as in your screenshot, would be a great incentive for WGT to get the rights as this hole itself would grab enough balls to finance the cost of mapping the course...

Will it have a feature for us to enter the Clubhouse for a pint..??

mara43

Digg
    Delicious
  • Laute Spain
    285 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:07 AM

Support, support!!

Digg
    Delicious
  • BJORNAGAIN1 United States
    382 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:13 AM

Hi GC,

I 100% support your proposal.

Although Augusta is the 1st major of the year I really believe  it's the one I would love to go and see live.

The nearest I came to Augusta was flying over the course on my way from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach but I want to WALK on the turf. lol !!

Bjorn

Digg
    Delicious
RSS