skip nav

Forums

Augusta/The Masters 2013 petition

Sun, Apr 14 2019 4:02 PM by LEDzZzEPP. 410 replies.
  • plim United Kingdom
    1,388 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:05 AM

you can do it to a degree now but moving the cursor and hitting early or late on the shot have a practise round and try a few.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Buggyyy United States
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:21 AM

plim:

you can do it to a degree now but moving the cursor and hitting early or late on the shot have a practise round and try a few.

I'm pretty sure I know how to do this. If you watched the 2012 Masters tournament, Bubba Watson hooked the ball 40+ yards out of mulch. 

My question is if that shot would be playable virtually via the mulch not being out of bounds, how would we execute the shot without the Draw/Fade option?

Yes, punching out to the fairway would be safe play, but what about the players that play aggressively and want to "Bubba" that thing.

Digg
    Delicious
  • greatwhitedale Australia
    264 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 6:03 PM

would be great to have augusta, BUT!!!  90% of us wont bother after a while as it will be harder than oakmont, with ridiculous putts and breaks.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Khugar Germany
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 12:37 AM

greatwhitedale:

would be great to have augusta, BUT!!!  90% of us wont bother after a while as it will be harder than oakmont, with ridiculous putts and breaks.

There are always players who look only at the numbers and if they don't have the lowest average on the ranking they moan.

For me its the challenge to play par or better on a course thats count, as you can see in my profile I putt every hole when the ball lands on the green (an equipment update will follow shortly)

Golf is a game (sport) easy to learn but hard to master

So I also support the idea for Augusta or any other new course

Digg
    Delicious
  • zagraniczniak United States
    1,977 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2012 12:42 PM

WGTadmin2:

We would love to bring you Augusta - so please tell Augusta to let us do it!  The more people you can get involved the better and please be nice they deserve all the respect in the world.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/feedback/index.html

Got the word in on the Augusta site. They need to hear it there and read it here!

Digg
    Delicious
  • BrettB97 United States
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 5:37 PM

If WGT does, by some miracle, map and program Augusta to make it as real life as possible, female avatars/members would not be allowed to play the course.

I know a couple major sponsors had a problem with this old school rule a few years ago, maybe the folks at WGT feel the same.

Digg
    Delicious
  • neuey5 United States
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 9:13 AM

That would be great

Digg
    Delicious
  • MisterWGT United States
    122 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 2:41 PM

I was in GameStop last night with my kids... and look what I found on the bargain rack?  I wonder how Augusta feels about being positioned next to killer zombies and vengeful bears?

Call me crazy... but isn't The Masters & Augusta better than this?!?

Digg
    Delicious
  • plim United Kingdom
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 3:08 PM

Unbelieveable. thats one thing WGT doesn't and will never have a bargain basement. i couldn't get over the fact that they let Augusta National be turned in to for a better choice of words "a cartoon".

how can they ignore the no1 golf site on the planet now. go get it Chad.

Digg
    Delicious
  • jvr86 El Salvador
    799 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 3:12 PM

MisterWGT:
    I wonder how Augusta feels about being positioned next to killer zombies and vengeful bears?

lmao... The naughty bear is gold edition at least hahaha :)

J.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS