skip nav

Forums

Augusta/The Masters 2013 petition

Sun, Apr 14 2019 4:02 PM by LEDzZzEPP. 410 replies.
  • swannyxx US Minor Outlying Islands
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:11 PM

MisterWGT:

I have my camera packed... and so will I the moment we get the green light.  Here's what I would emphasize if you communicate with Augusta:

1) WGT is beyond a game -- we are 5-million passionate golfers from around the world who live & breath this sport.  We are not arcade-gamers.  We are golfers.  We are passionate about this sport and we only want to see it grow around the world.

2) the experience of playing Augusta on WGT would build greater appreciation for this course and it's place in history -- past, present & future.  We've all seen that birdie save Tiger made on 16, but what if you could play it again and again in your attempt to match it?  Or Bubba's epic approach on 10 in the sudden death round?  WGT would allow fans and historians of The Masters to experience the challenge posed by past & present champions.

3) WGT is beautiful.  No other product in history has recreated golf courses with such beauty and detail.  Augusta would simply look sensational.

4) watching on TV is good... but experiencing the course online via WGT -- as you watch THE MASTERS on TV -- would be the ULTIMATE for all golf fans around the globe.  Every year, history is made on these hallowed grounds.  WGT would allow players to participate in this history... as it's happening.

5) Charity -- WGT has shown a commitment to help golf-related charities both on & off the course.  A relationship with Augusta would deepen this commitment with The First Tee, Skin Cancer Foundation and many others.

6) THE MASTERS & Augusta are now sold in bargain bins at Target and WalMart (thanks to a now dated console game).  WGT will never - EVER - have a course or brand represented or associated with a bargain bin.

Just remember... Augusta has no real interest being in a videogame.  They've been there / done that.  We need to express to them why we are better... in so many ways... than "just a game."

- CN

Any idea on how to contact augusta?

Digg
    Delicious
  • MisterWGT United States
    122 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:13 PM

This is the official Masters Tournament feedback link:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/feedback/index.html

Digg
    Delicious
  • Doublemochaman United States
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 6:23 PM

And add to this a #7... that WGT has done a remarkable job of replicating a number of U.S. Open and Open courses over the last few years.  The brass at Augusta should be encouraged to go play a round or two at Bethpage, St. Andrews, Olympic Club via WGT.com.  If they can see the rendering of these courses for themselves they will be duly impressed.

Digg
    Delicious
  • GoodyChamp Netherlands
    588 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 2:12 AM

MisterWGT:

Definitely show your support and email The Masters here:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/feedback/index.html

Just curiosity, has anyone already got a response from Augusta?

Cheers, GC

Digg
    Delicious
  • HAMINH Brazil
    119 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 3:12 AM

Very nice if Augusta to be in WGT, i love this course, saw Bubba Watson won on TV and a Double eagle to be made here, that amazing.

Digg
    Delicious
  • BeachedMulligan United States
    1,237 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 12:26 PM

MisterWGT:

6) THE MASTERS & Augusta are now sold in bargain bins at Target and WalMart (thanks to a now dated console game).  WGT will never - EVER - have a course or brand represented or associated with a bargain bin.

Just remember... Augusta has no real interest being in a videogame.  They've been there / done that.  We need to express to them why we are better... in so many ways... than "just a game."

- CN

Take yourself out of the WGT shoes your wearing and Slip on a green Jacket. Why in the world would you let WGT come and take pictures of your course and put your name on it...thats still in BETA.?!?!

If I have any say and I'm from Augusta...I dont even answer the phone for a company in BETA who wants to use our course in a game. Your setting yourself up for failure within a company you have no control of. 

Dont get me wrong I would love to play the course here on WGT. But I dont think its reasonable we want the best course to be one of our first.

Digg
    Delicious
  • singingjesus United States
    152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:46 PM

MisterWGT:
    We've all seen that birdie save Tiger made on 16, but what if you could play it again and again in your attempt to match it?  Or Bubba's epic approach on 10 in the sudden death round?  WGT would allow fans and historians of The Masters to experience the challenge posed by past & present champions.

My problem with this is that if indeed WGT did have Augusta, the shot Bubba made would not be re playable here, because it would have been ball out of bounds, stroke penalty, ball replaced , WGT wins again, the players lose. 

sj

Digg
    Delicious
  • MisterWGT United States
    122 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:06 PM

I would guarantee that Bubba's shot would be playable.

However, Rory's tee shot off #10 from the year before... that would be OB.

- MisterWGT / CN

Digg
    Delicious
  • Buggyyy United States
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:13 PM

MisterWGT:

How how would that shot be playable if we don't even have a Draw/Fade option?

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,064 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:48 AM

Buggyyy:

MisterWGT:

How how would that shot be playable if we don't even have a Draw/Fade option?

Maybe that means that the draw/fade options is coming.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS