Forums

Help › Forums

Top 10 Signs You Might Have a WGT Problem

Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:54 AM (21 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:44 AM

10.  You refer to Mr/Ms avatar by first name.  The name you gave them.

9.  When someone asks you if you’ve ever golfed at Kiawah or Bethpage, you say “sure I play both several rounds a day.”

8.  You often use WGT vernacular in real life.   Like when you told the state trooper that you weren’t speeding, you’re car just had a “meter spike.”

7.  You check the WGT forums every morning before your own email

6.  When entering your country club member-guest tournament you sign up your avatar as your partner, but he was actually your 3rd choice behind Lee and Bollox.

5.  You have become so frustrated over gameplay at times that you actually cause bodily harm to yourself or physical damage to your personal property, and your neighbors often hear you shouting things like “go, go,” “be right,”. “get up,” “bite,” and “grow teeth.”

4.  You believe that you can enter in an intelligent debate among adults in the WGT forum.

3.  You blame various mishaps is real life on the VEM model.  Like the time you missed out on that promotion and insisted to coworkers that you were "vemmed."

2.  You haven’t been out to mingle in a while or gotten much love from your significant other lately, so when romancing yourself you often fantasize about Sweet Tartan (Female #3).

and the #1 sign that you might have a WGT problem is...........

1.  You’re going to pull an all-nighter for the release of the St. Andrews update, jumping on the virtual links as soon as the gates open and calling off work the next day. 

Eat your heart out Letterman.  

Sadly, I'm guilty of a couple of these, and no its not #2.

Perhaps you have one that trumps mine?   

Keep 'em classy please, I did have many that didn't make the cut because they weren't "politically correct." ;)

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:48 AM

7 and 4 - soooo true :)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:53 AM

FUNNY STUFF!!!    I'm too often guilty of #4.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:54 AM

11. You replace your chair because it broke from all the leaning trying to steer shots.

12. You dismantle  your home wireless network on the weekend so you can direct connect to avoid the wireless lag.

13. You post over 1,000 times.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:24 PM

Great stuff Oak thanks for the laugh! 

Especially like the yelling "go, go" and "stick you little pr*ck" etc, my wife thinks I'm nuts and a neighbor or two too I'm sure... LOL

YankeeJim:

11. You replace your chair because it broke from all the leaning trying to steer shots.

12. You dismantle  your home wireless network on the weekend so you can direct connect to avoid the wireless lag.

13. You post over 1,000 times.

These are too funny too, and I'm guessing all true too YJ...the visual of you trying to steer the putts is hilarious

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:07 PM

YankeeJim:

Oh so true 

At least I now know I am not alone.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:26 PM

How about your better half hearing you cheering because you made a long birdie putt.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:36 PM

10 - Not yet.... okay well maybe a few times.... can't repeat it here though

9 - Yep

8 - Can't say that I have

7 - Hmmm... yuppers

6 - Can't say that I can relate to this one... *shrug*

5 - 5 mice in 2 years.... yep

4 - depends on what you want to talk about...

3 - Nope (VEM doesn't exist)... the beast on the other hand.....

2 - ...................................................................  oh... sorry about that....

1 - All nighters are not for golf... all nighters are for CAN vs. RUS game on Wednesday night!  Can't believe it starts at midnight!!!

7/10.... not as close as I thought.... if I really apply myself though, I'm sure I can get there....... 

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:48 PM

How are these?

When you borrow money from a friend you inadvertently pay them back in WGT credits instead

You have the WGT theme song on you iPod, which you listen to all day

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:28 PM

You read the WGT forums every day before you read the newspaper or your business emails.

When you get home from work, your wife doesn't ask "How was your day?" ..

instead she asks "How much time did you waste golfing at work?" or,  even more tellingly, 

"Break any mouses today?"

Sigh......... anyone for a quick 9?

RSS