Forums

Help › Forums

New PC can't hit the ball at all.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 25 2009 4:04 PM (8 replies)
  • c2nah777
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2009 5:55 PM

The game loads fast. The first swing looks smooth, but it wiffs the ball and the program freezes. Tried skills as well as stroke play.

I tried adding a video card and no change.

I have 2GB Ram and a Celeron 1.7 Ghz CPU

My best guess is CPU, or that it is related to using Vista 32 bit OS.

Using IE7 as browser.

Anyone else who can give some solid insight? 

I don't want to try other upgrades until I get some feedback. I tried Googling the problem and searching the forums, FAQs and troubleshooting sections here. I know system reqs state 2.0 Ghz.

My 1.9 GHZ AMD PC plays fine unless in a multiplayer game. I wonder if it also needs a better CPU since it gets choppy in a mp setting.

Thanks.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 4:08 AM

I am running an Intel Pent. 4 at 3.0ghz and am not having any trouble. I was running about the same as you, was having issues before and upgraded to what I have now. Everything is running smoothly.

• frohman
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2009 6:24 AM

I had the same problem when I started.  Try upgrading Adobe Flash Player to version 10.

Hope that works for you, but not sure about Vista.

good luck

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 9:43 AM

Hi C2nah, yes, your CPU speed is probably causing the game to freeze. Try playing in Safari, which is less CPU-intensive, and upgrade to Flash 10 as frohman suggested.

• c2nah777
    3 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 5:50 PM

I tried Safari and same results. Must need a faster cpu as suspected.

I made sure I was using  Adobe flash 10 (the latest available revision).

Thank you all for suggestions.

• SilentUnicorn
    13 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 4:41 PM

I play on a vista /32 2 gig ram, amd 64x2 1.6 ghz processor and a go 6150 vcard. Not excactle stellar specs. But it plays ok. I would suggest you check your machine for unneeded process or services that are running and shut them down. start with a good file cleaning. something like ccleaner.

Silent Unicorn

• Banks241980
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 7:21 AM

More than most likely vista is problem (Big Surprise) I'm running the game with the latest Adobe and Mozilla Browser on a 900Mhz Pc  and it is working fine.

• FredO56
    26 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2009 10:03 AM

don't blame Vista i am using it and other than not hitting consistently, i am not having any problems.  Even shot a 33 today i upgraded memory to 2 GB it had 1in it . Playing on an Emachine W3653. has intel celeron dual core processor E1200, 1.6GHz and intel Graphics Media accelerator 950 bought as is off the shelf at walmart i have used Explorer ,Firefox, Safari, and even Opera web browsers. I like Firefox the best

• c2nah777
    3 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 4:04 PM

It was Vista. I insalled XP on this thing and I am hitting them long and strong. Thanks to all who participated.

RSS