Forums

Help › Forums

whats your real golf setup/handicap/location etc?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:45 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 1:48 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Guessing the persimmon 4-wood is a hand-me-down from your Dad who taught you golf???

Actually, all of my gear is hand me down with adjustments. The 4 wood was my first driver along with the Bullseye putter. I probably am screwing myself with most of what I use, but I at least know what I can expect. Most of the very latest goodies look like garden tools to my eye when I set them down...which will never do. Anything with an offset head guarantees a snap-hook. LOL

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 1:52 PM

sweetie, totally agree with you on the garden tool stuff, partially why I still play the smaller (haha, 400 cc is small these days) R7 over a 460cc club.  If you are looking for some new irons, definitely check the mizuno mp lines of forged irons.  They to me are all the benefits of new clubs, with a more classic line like the older clubs. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 2:11 PM

neildiamond11790:
    over a 460cc club.  If you are looking for some new irons,

definitely check the mizuno mp lines of forged irons. 

At 5'3", those 460cc numbers look enormous and cumbersome. I have fiddled with much of the newer offerings in drivers looking for more distance. Aside from not liking the look, the feel and lack of feedback, the extra 5-10 yards is not enough incentive to change. The Mizuno irons I use are forged, very soft steel and the same irons Tiger used when he first came out to the tour...or so I am told.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 2:40 PM

SweetiePie:
    M-31 blades........... the same irons Tiger used when he first came out to the tour...or so I am told.

I do believe he used a mixed set of MP-14s and MP-29s while at Stanford and before he signed with Titleist, switching to the 681 model which was basically a direct copy of the Mizunos.  Miura was producing the forgings for Tiger's clubs when he was sponsored by Titleist.  Miura denied any involvement with Nike in 2007, and it's estimated they use Endo Thailand as they do for the rest of their subcontracted retail work.  All of his custom designed clubs look similar,  muscle back design, minimal offset, boxy toe, sharp leading edge, etc. :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:09 PM

OaktheToke:
    All of his custom designed clubs look similar,  muscle back design, minimal offset, boxy toe, sharp leading edge, etc. :)

That is an exact description of my Mizuno irons. I can be a little "dizzy headed" at times and am starting to wonder if my set is the M-29. I don't pay much attention to them aside from play. They are at the golf course right now so I can't take a closer look. Did Mizuno have a MP-31 muscle back blade? Have I lost my mind?

Went checking on google...no such thing as MP-31...no wonder I have problems, I'm playing with irons that don't exist...LOL  I do have the MP-29...what an idiot

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:45 PM

SweetiePie:
    ...no wonder I have problems, I'm playing with irons that don't exist...LOL  I do have the MP-29...what an idiot

LOL, not at all.  We will simply chalk that one up to the Ale. ;)

• PAGES
RSS