Help › Forums

More than 10 replays

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:58 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 4:24 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to let us save more than 10 replays in our profiles. I have a few favorites that I just don't wanna part with. I have to delete some of the less spectacular (but still kinda nifty) shots to make room. Input anyone?
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 6:28 AM

You may be able to find a widget somewhere that allows you to record flash video ...

Let me know if you find one ...

don

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:06 AM

My guess is that it's a server space issue. If they allowed everyone to save an unlimited amount of replays, it could become cost prohibitive.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 8:41 AM

NormH3:

My guess is that it's a server space issue. If they allowed everyone to save an unlimited amount of replays, it could become cost prohibitive.

Disc space is pretty cheap these days.  (500Gbyte external hard drive for $90)  If its a problem I'd be willing to buy space for 10 more replays for $1.  I agree with lkennedy, it would be good to be able to save more replays.  Why not save them directly to a WGT section on YouTube?

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 10:38 AM

I would hope that WGT is using something a bit more redundant than 500gb external hardrives. My guess is they are using RAID5 at a minimum. A single SAS spindle with 10k or 15k rpm is much more expensive than $90. 

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:41 AM
    This may be true, but I personally prefer the performance of the Furzenwahl Nigwomp. And I still think there should be a chip-in award.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 2:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. It would be nice to save more than 10 replays, and like any new feature, we will need to balance that against any performance concerns.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 8:01 PM

instead of bumping old replays just Share your replay to your own Email address

i have dozens

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:48 AM

JeffGooch:

instead of bumping old replays just Share your replay to your own Email address

i have dozens

This doesn't make sense. Once you have deleted a replay, it can no longer be viewed via a shared link.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:19 AM

when you get here after watching your  replay...dont SAVE it...just SHARE it...type in your email address and access the link from your Inbox

sure it wont be on your list for everyone to see...but at least you have your newest replays saved so you can watch them when you want

if you want someone else to see one of them, just send them the link in an email

OR post it to your Blog as shown on the next page!

• PAGES
RSS