Forums

Help › Forums

hack amateur pro master what are the averages?

Mon, Apr 24 2023 9:25 AM (143 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 12:19 AM

Ignore

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 1:46 AM

courteneyfish:

Ignore

Ignore...lol    Well Wgt did direct me to this from this post

• bestcampion
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 4:28 AM

nyce

• progolferderek
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 8:35 AM

Hi, my scoring average is 90. something, and I have 8 ranked rounds. Why am I not a amateur?

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2013 11:58 AM

You are .......

• ccv2qr
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 2:52 AM

NukeRat:

slotster:

well how many rounds  are there in  a tier and what average  do u need to move to  next  tier???

Here you go my friend.  It is posted in other threads and I will put it here for you.  Good luck and like others have mentioned.  Do not get in a rush to move up.  Play your game and have fun.  Thats why we are all here.

"I found this in the forums and I believe this is correct.  I do not deserve credit for this information.  WGT does not either as they do not make it public.  However, over the years the players have finally got the formula figured out.  I believe. Here it is.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

-Nuke"

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 7:13 PM

I have been out of WGT for quite some time and while I was re-acquainting myself, I thought I would look through some of my old posts.

Could anyone kindly tell me if the above tier/avg/promotion standards are still fairly accurate?  I would hate to respond to another post with this information if it was not.  I would also just like to know.

Thank you all for your time my friends.

-Nuke

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:29 AM

NukeRat:
    Could anyone kindly tell me if the above tier/avg/promotion standards are still fairly accurate?

They are, as far as ranked strokeplay is concerned. Note that Par3 and Par5 courses do not count in any way.

For TMs and lower, there are additional anti-sandbagging influences on average and tier promotion from credit wins and matchplay wins against higher tiers.

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:54 PM

Thank you very much Alosso.  I appreciate it my friend.

• pejon60
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 12:01 AM

I have a simple question that I thought WGT could answer easily but apparently not......... they have directed me here

I am a legend with over 2600 total ranked rounds

I thought the av for change to TL from L was 60.99

I am now 60.97....So I figure it is the number of ranked rounds at L that is stopping the change of tier

Is there a minimum of Ranked rounds you have to play at Legend before you can change to TL and if so how many is it

Cheers

Paul

RSS