Forums

Help › Forums

Why don't they go in?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 2 2009 3:34 PM (5 replies)
  • tomab
    517 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2009 1:36 PM

I had several occations when I hit the flag with extremely low speed, and almost direct in front. When the ball after hitting the flag comes to rest only a few inches from the hole it would have been in the hole on a real course. I saved a few examples to show it.

My suggestion is that you add a speed test when hitting the flag to allow the very low speed to go in.

Tom.

• theBigT
    23 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2009 7:54 PM

i agree tomad.i have 2 replays saved of shots that should have gone in just like yours.im going to check yours out and you check mine.im trying to get us some help on this so i already posted it.let me know what you think of mine.i just checked yours out.yea,the ball was traveling a bit fast but still should go in.especially the third one.that one should have dropped.there alot like mine.i'd like to add you as a freind but i can;t .if you can invite me and ill accept or ill catch you online.goodluck.thebigt

• tomab
    517 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2009 12:21 AM

Yes, your 3. from 06. feb would absolutely have gone in on a real course.

The 2 others, 23. jan and 30. jan was jumping, not rolling. The speed was a bit to high to decide what would have happened on a real course. But they were very nice shots. I don,'t say they wouldn't gone in, but I'm uncertain about those 2.

Tom.

• Ubisir
    19 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 10:12 PM

I just hit the pin on a soft 13 yard chip on 9. It kicked away. I've had balls bounce off the pin playing real golf, but also we've seen, especially on TV, balls that are rolling rather fast hit the stick and go in.  Perhaps the suggestion to increase the ball speed somewhat would give us that satisfaction of sinking a shot and a perfect approach.

• Ubisir
    19 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 5:43 AM

Yes, on long shots the ball will bounce off, but on short chips the chance in much better.  Sometimes the pin stops a fast rolling ball and it drops in instead of hopping over the hole. 

On another subject, yes we all want more holes, and a true 18 for the course we play, but adding new pin locations on the green is the best way to add variety.

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 3:34 PM

And different wind direction and speed.

RSS