Forums

Help › Forums

Most Consecutive Days Played!

Tue, Oct 10 2023 5:24 PM (481 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 10:42 PM

"Being driven though not enjoying" is a clear sign of addiction to me, as well as pushing the winning streak.

I admit that it still has me in it's claws (spent an hour to get it during travel lately), but at least I don't need to go to 1,000 (or whatnots) and I won't be disappointed when I'm going to lose it.

As an excuse, I like the forum, I like the pictures and I like the activity in my CC *chuckles*.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 12:19 PM

2 more days for 1500. I am still here, but not here. I play my one a night for $hits and grins. Doesn't mean a thing anymore. I look at the forums for a few minutes, sign off and forget it. Reading the posts tells me not to bother even trying. I sure miss the fun with my friends.

Squirrel Nutz.

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 4:32 PM

renniw52:
    . I sure miss the fun with my friends.

I have found myself playing more random alts these days and met some "friendlies"....I dont know what time zone you are ren but im happy to send an invite your way 

stu

• why9
    907 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 9:10 PM

renniw52:

2 more days for 1500. I am still here, but not here. I play my one a night for $hits and grins. Doesn't mean a thing anymore. I look at the forums for a few minutes, sign off and forget it. Reading the posts tells me not to bother even trying. I sure miss the fun with my friends.

Squirrel Nutz

1500  damn bud ....... counting today I have 1 consecutive day played :)   get out of the forums and out on the course for some alt fun  Renn  ...... then take a day off ffs  

(*¿*) ,lll

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 1:09 AM

renniw52:

Squirrel Nutz.

Well perhaps Renn can explain the reasons - clearly you are not enjoying the game, yet you persist in playing a hole a day....why?

What is the motivation to keep up the consecutive days. For me the drive was to see how many days I could make. when that was lost it made me realize that reasoning was wrong....either play to enjoy or not at all. 

alosso:
    "Being driven though not enjoying" is a clear sign of addiction to me

Perhaps it is an addiction....hopefully Renn can tell us.

As for the game, play some alt with friends or even randoms........it is a fun game and winning is only a bonus - the goal is to have a good laugh.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 10:03 AM

Its not addiction , its having goals . From the beginning of the game there are goals . Tiering up is a goal , leveling up is a goal , playing down your average is a goal . CDP is a goal to level up and get the better gear . Trying to shoot the lowest possible score is a goal.

Even though I play the game every day the cdp bonus is a goal to continue leveling up even though I pretty much have the top gear . I`m currently just starting L99 and nothing new for me until L100 . It`s no worry though because no telling what new clubs will be added once I get to 100 .

Playing to have fun is always at the top of my list which I do every day . Can I shoot low 50`s of course not but I can always play and have fun .. With all of the game glitches that still need to be fixed , my other goal is trolling for free credits . I currently have over 14,700 and counting with nothing needed to buy . I can play with the rock and shoot decent scores so no balls needed .

So as you can see we all have goals when it comes to the game , even if the goal is only to play the game and have fun with our friends . :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 2:10 PM

lonniescott711:
    Its not addiction , its having goals

Thanks Lonnie, this backs up my theory, that it is the goals we all set, be it tiers, levels, equipment or even consecutive days.

But then you still are enjoying the game, so would be interesting to hear Renns POV.

I personally still enjoy the game, and it is a great game despite it's faults (and could still be a lot better with better management) but I do not play as much these days. CDB means nothing to me personally, nor do I care about future or existing equipment, so I have no drive to get to level x. I doubt I will actually make it to level 100.

I too enjoy reading the forums, especially the CC Forums but often I will read but if I do not feel like playing, I won't - even for a 1 hole game as I do not see the point (personally - not demeaning others if the drive is the CDB).

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 6:18 PM

Rernni's POV. I really don't have one on WGT anymore. I feel I have commented more than my share and was usually taken out of context. I may have had a decent post on occasions but it seems they were few and far between.

I did just get 1500 cdp's. That was not ever a goal. I do feel stupid for devoting my time every night. I really do miss the fun with the AS games and the chats with my closest friends. 

My departure from active play occurred back on Feb. 21 of this year. The trolls had their say, as usual, and I threw in the towel. I would not lower myself to their level by commenting back. 

Miss ya all.

Rich

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 3:17 PM

renniw52:
    Miss ya all.

Ditto on that Mr. Nutz ! Ain't been playin' much myself, too busy with work & whatnot. Don't be too much of a stranger tho, you gots friends here that would love to get a game in with ya.

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 3:26 PM

renniw52:
    The trolls had their say

I am Reformed .

PS   Happy Mothers day Winn25

RSS