Tue, Oct 10 2023 5:24 PM (481 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2015 5:23 PM

1455 and now what?????? Continued Insanity.,

• appy2
    613 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2015 6:44 PM

Just to throw in my current streak. It is 1588 in a row. Not crazy or sick, just like to play.

Roger

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 10:30 AM

I will hit 1000 in 13 days. 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2015 7:48 PM

I'm almost up to 250, which is my highest ever.  I even managed to make it through tax season with my streak.  Last day not played was when my grandma died, and family all came around for several days.

Only thing to look forward to anyway is the Vapor iron set.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 2:08 PM

borntobesting:
    I will hit 1000 in 13 days. 

I will reach the magic 1000 in just 998 more days. Possibly.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 2:20 PM

Wutpa:
    I will reach the magic 1000 in just 998 more days

Great job! We all will be watching (in 3 years)

lol

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 7:01 AM

Due to the glitches and problems with the game over the last 2 weeks I lost 1,333 cdp . If my play had not been interrupted , I would have made 4 years in a couple of months . :-(

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 2:02 PM

lonniescott711:
    Due to the glitches and problems with the game over the last 2 weeks I lost 1,333 cdp . If my play had not been interrupted , I would have made 4 years this month . :-(

Should we share our commiserations with you? What did you lose? 

Please be assured that I don't speak up against you, but I want to share some thoughts on this subject.

I've been over 500 once, and I'm at 170 right now. Nevertheless and IMHO,
    this is indeed the least "necessary" achievement in this game.

It's invisible to anybody else, and the consequence of missing it is meagre, just a "loss" of a few XPs which without any doubt have no monetary value.

So, why are people so eager to score high here? What is it good for, if it has any good?

Or is it just another trick to attract us to the game, "keep that number running, at least get the CDP bonus"?

THINK!

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 3:43 PM

alosso:
    Please be assured that I don't speak up against you, but I want to share some thoughts on this subject.

It's an addiction Alosso, i know how Lonnie feels right now. To part with something he had for nearly 4 years....however meaningless it seems.

I made the decision to stop at 1500... It was a very strange feeling waking up the next day to see 1 consecutive day. I play this game as my hobby so to lose your visual achievement counter is a kick in the teeth for some.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 5:04 PM

SPINO1:
    It's an addiction Alosso, i know how Lonnie feels right now. To part with something he had for nearly 4 years....however meaningless it seems.

Actually it is not so much an addiction, it something driving that person, in this case to keep up a streak..

I once had over a year consecutive days played, and lost it via some WGT error not recognising the games. Said I played but did not add the day and re-set (and yes was in the time frame).

Truth was, some days I played only the one hole to keep up the run, despite not enjoying the game at times (and 1 hole pffftttt that is when it becomes an obligation (hence why I do not see it as an addiction. It is like a winning streak - you push on to see how far you can go.

If it was an addiction players would keep on playing and playing and one hole per day players would not exist.

But the upside is since that day I lost my bonus, I could not give a toss if I play or not as CDB actually does not mean anything.

In fact you feel liberated but not being a slave to that CDB.

If you play just for this, then IMHO, you are playing the game for the wrong reason. It should be about having fun and enjoying the game, when you do not have that, just playing for a CDB is meaningless..

RSS