Forums

Help › Forums

Driver off the deck?

Thu, Nov 14 2019 12:58 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ozysouthpaw
    2,843 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 8:34 PM

Was just wondering if anyone has successfully hit their driver off the fairway?....

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 9:14 PM

i've used the punch shot with the driver off the fairway. regular hit doesn't work as well.

qbal

• ChipNSink
    427 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 11:43 PM

Tried it in a practice round ... it is a complete waste to even attempt to use driver on fairway. Ball is all over the place, distance is gone down the drain.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:31 AM

ChipNSink:

Tried it in a practice round ... it is a complete waste to even attempt to use driver on fairway. Ball is all over the place, distance is gone down the drain.

Try the punch with the driver it works quite well. At times I have dropped the 3 wood from my bag and carried 4 wedges and used the punched driver in place of the 3 wood and it works quite well unless you need to clear hazard. I also use it on # 1 @ St. Andrews when a full driver might hit in the bern. It is also quite useful on # 5 @ RSG where a full driver would most likely land in the weeds.

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 5:56 AM

A punch driver with topspin is also useful at times out of rough if you need to keep it really low and scoot it under some tree limbs. (like on BPB #1 right, or BPB #9 left) ;)

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:38 AM

good pointer allen. nice to know there is a way to keep the ball low when hitting through trees.

qbal

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 9:17 AM

Cant. If you could you could dump 3 wood and ppl would not need to buy it ..although you can punch driver off tee..another option

• Burrowstriker
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2016 3:57 AM

Allen63:

A punch driver with topspin is also useful at times out of rough if you need to keep it really low and scoot it under some tree limbs. (like on BPB #1 right, or BPB #9 left) ;)

Nice one Allen. Just used your advice from under trees with a driver punch shot. Worked perfectly.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 1:17 PM

why doesnt yt work...?

• PAGES
RSS