Forums

Help › Forums

when balls run out during a round

Tue, May 15 2018 2:16 AM (35 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 3:14 PM

I don't agree Robert that necro-posting is necessarily a bad thing.

If the topic is relevant and the person who resurrected the post is adding valuable information to the topic, then I'd almost prefer the necro approach.  It keeps all relevant information in one place.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 3:48 PM

kavvz:

I don't agree Robert that necro-posting is necessarily a bad thing.

If the topic is relevant and the person who resurrected the post is adding valuable information to the topic, then I'd almost prefer the necro approach.  It keeps all relevant information in one place.

Fair point. But I guess I’m the only one who didn’t see how is post was all that relevant. 😀

And that’s fine. Many times, I’ve been wrong before. No big deal. I’m used to it. 😀

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 3:58 PM

Robert1893:

And as an aside, not to put too fine a point on it, but just because someone has been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they've been doing it correctly! :-) 

Oh, I agree 100%. 

For me, and for every forum I have been associated with, starting a new thread for any issue previously addressed in some fashion usually indicates someone has not searched for the answer - something that is always frowned on.  When I search (as I did) and find pages and pages of related previous threads, it indicates to me that too many people did not search, but simply posted a new thread - which continues to scatter related info.

We can certainly differ of this, and I take no offense when someone has a different opinion than I on this, or most any subject.  

Sorry for going so far off topic!  

My conclusion is that I will never again buy a ball other than white!  LOL.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 11:29 PM

There is a Necro joke in here somewhere.....

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 5:54 AM

There's always a joke in there! If there's not, we're not trying hard enough. :-) 

Apologies to all! This became a bigger thing than I intended. Never intended to offend anyone. 

Hit 'em straight and seldom! 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 3:55 PM

@DoctorLarry

Good points all the way around. I see you're currently playing the Srixon Z-STAR Balls. There's a sleeve coming your way... in white! :-) 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 4:19 PM

Robert1893:
    There's always a joke in there! If there's not, we're not trying hard enough. :-) 

Haha, who hasn't thought about working "Necro" wafers into the mix?  :-D

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 9:23 PM

Robert1893:

@DoctorLarry

Good points all the way around. I see you're currently playing the Srixon Z-STAR Balls. There's a sleeve coming your way... in white! :-) 

Thanks Robert.

You are a class act and I am glad to virtually know you!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 12:32 AM

Robert1893:
    And as an aside, not to put too fine a point on it, but just because someone has been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they've been doing it correctly! :-) 

And now my ex-wife is stalking these forums?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 4:36 AM

Necco, please! And they are likely being pulled from the shelves as we speak so you need to stock up. Wait a minute, that was Nike balls, wasn't it?  With a run on Necco, the company might be saved. Please help now. The Necco thread goes back to 1847, can't lose them now.

RSS