Forums

Help › Forums

when balls run out during a round

Tue, May 15 2018 2:16 AM (35 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 9:33 PM

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would use this one that came up in search.

My question is why does the ball color matter if I have the exact same ball in a different color (even white! gasp)?

\sarcasm\

Try as I might, I could find no difference in play between the white and the yellow Srixon Z-star balls!!

\end sarcasm\

Will WGT respond?

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 11:09 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Will WGT respond?

No, deal with it

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 11:17 AM

DoctorLarry:
    why does the ball color matter if I have the exact same ball in a different color
    It's a different item no.

Furthermore, WGT stopped answering such questions many seasons ago.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 11:18 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would use this one that came up in search.

Just a polite heads up: general discussion board decorum suggests that out of curtesy to everyone, you really should start a new thread and not resurrect an old thread. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:13 PM

I actually think the OP (of the second go round) was doing his due diligence. He searched before coming here and found something relevant that does cover things some might not know.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:42 PM

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:53 PM

Fair enough.

@DoctorLarry: Listen to them ^ and not to me. :-) 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 5:50 PM

Since the last post in the original thread I found was over 8 years ago, I thought it worth asking since sometimes things change.

Thanks to the ones that understood.

BTW - we should not assume that someone does not have plenty of experience on forums just because they are new to this one.  Some of us were on discussion forums back in the 1980's via BBS over 56K modems!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 11:27 AM

DoctorLarry:
    BTW - we should not assume that someone does not have plenty of experience on forums just because they are new to this one.  Some of us were on discussion forums back in the 1980's via BBS over 56K modems!

Yes, some of us were. And we were taught that necro posting is generally frowned upon and even prohibited in many discussion fora. In fact, back in the wild west of usnet, people generally flamed those who did that. 

I'll concede that this discussion board may have different norms with respect to necro posting. Still, I stand by the statement that general discussion board decorum is that it's better to begin a new thread rather than resurrect an old thread. It causes less confusion, something we've seen on here with resurrected threads. 

And as an aside, not to put too fine a point on it, but just because someone has been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they've been doing it correctly! :-) 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 11:37 AM

RSS