Forums

Help › Forums

when balls run out during a round

Tue, May 15 2018 2:16 AM (35 replies)
  • Downbylaw11
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 4:56 PM

Ok, this annoys the hell out of me and i dont know if anyone else has posted it.  but when a sleeve of balls runs out in the middle of a round, it just gives you starter balls automatically, even if you might have another sleeve of balls purchased of the same type, which sucks since i normally use slower swing meter balls and to make the speed adjustment mid round is pretty difficult. 

possible suggestions to fix this

1. automatically equip you with the same set of balls if theyre available

2. let you select what balls you'd like to use when your current sleeve runs out during a round

3. allow you to finish the entire round with your current ball before taking it out of play

who's with me?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:02 PM

This would be WGT doing your work for you. It isn't hard to restock during a round but you must use only the ball type you started with. Similar doesn't cut it-it has to be the same right down to the color. If you find yourself running out of balls during a round you can go to the pro shop, buy them and they will automatically be in your bag, while you're playing. If you run out, like you found out, all you get is the free ball. Sorry.

• Downbylaw11
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:10 PM

what do you mean it isnt hard to restock during a round?

i had a sleeve of balls, then i bought 3 more sleeves of that exact same ball+colour a few days later.  during a round, the first sleeve ran out, and it gave me starter balls instead of using the new sleeve of exact same balls i had purchased.   it doesnt tell you before hand how many hits you have left with a certain ball and im not gonna just bring a new sleeve into play every time i think i might be getting near the end of another sleeve just so i can have 30 balls with 15 or so hits left on them sitting around collecting dust.  it just doesnt seem very practical to have tihs current system

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:16 PM

The balls aren't stored in your bag as sleeves. When you buy a sleeve you get three. Each time you buy more this number increases accordingly. By your post you had at least 9 extra balls of the type you said you were using. These will restock themselves until you run out. It's impossible to have 30 balls of the same type laying around with extra hits in them-they go until the hits run out. You have ample time after the wear indicator turns red before they run out. Hitting your last ball out of play gets you the free ball as a replacement. 

• Downbylaw11
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:21 PM

they were not restocking themselves.  how hard is that to  understand?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:26 PM

Then you have a bug you need to send to WGT.You laid out substantially more than that in your post and it doesn't quite make sense. I buy a dozen at a time of the same and only ball I use and it just keeps on stocking them for me. The restocking I referred to above was actually going to the pro shop during a round,  buying them and having them automatically go into your bag. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:29 PM

Downbylaw11:
    it doesnt tell you before hand how many hits you have left with a certain ball and im not gonna just bring a new sleeve into play every time i think i might be getting near the end of another sleeve just so i can have 30 balls with 15 or so hits left on them sitting around collecting dust. 

This is the part that doesn't make sense.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:33 PM

Downbylaw, I concur with YankeeJim... you have a bug, something is amiss.  These things happen on occasion.  Make sure to report it to WGT.  They're usually pretty quick to fix them.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 5:37 PM

It can be annoying, that's for sure. The only thing worse is running out of balls and credits after 3 shots into an 18 hole ready go. That is when I call the Good Care Fairy And talk to someone who really cares.www.thecarefairy  www.thecarefairy,

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 6:23 PM

SweetiePie:
    That is when I call the Good Care Fairy And talk to someone who really cares.www.thecarefairy  www.thecarefairy,

If the care fairy isn't around I prefer to go straight to the source

However it seems as if they might be out, so if you still are in dire straits give me a heads up and I'll send over the wambulance

Downbylaw11:
     during a round, the first sleeve ran out, and it gave me starter balls instead of using the new sleeve of exact same balls i had purchased

OP either only your bag is messed up or I'm calling shenanigans on that one. 

Downbylaw11:
    possible suggestions

2. let you select what balls you'd like to use when your current sleeve runs out during a round

who's with me?

Now you had me at hello here.  Me likey, as long as you had them in your bag to start the round.

RSS