not me .. not quite yet...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:22 PM (0 replies)
  • sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:22 PM
    not me...not quite yet...
    26 Jan 2010 at 6:20 PM

Lately i have been reading the forums a bit more... and noticed more frequent post about being a master tier ranked player... some are excited about making it.. some are upset about not quite getting there.. some about playing against in tourneys... and some {these are the laughable ones} that are upset that they played up to it so fast and now find it quite difficult... me.. i am not quite ready yet.. play wise and the 'want to be master' are just not at the point to which i am comfortable to move up.. if it happens ... ohh well... then i just continue on... get a fresh set of clubs and re-learn the course and all its extended length... when i first started playing here i spent some time looking at the stats and awards of  those whom always placed well in the tourneys and saw that many if not all were persons who are ranked master.. well there was one thing i notice that they all had in common... mind you this is only those profiles I SAW... NOT  every one... they all had at least one diamond award and 2 crystal awards... now being a new player i was under the impression that to get a top teir rating one would have to collect a diamond award...  fast forward to the present... and seeing the profiles and stats of some  of the newer top tier players... i find that if you hammer one set {typically the easiest} set of nine holes you can get master ranking... now tell me.. how sad is that... i hammer a set of nine holes every week... its called the unlimited 9 hole tourament... now... that maybe the reason i have not made it yet... i play every set of nine and throw in the occasional 18 for GP... having said that .. i did stumble upon a 'master' who has not yet even completed {a ranked} full 18 for bethpage.. well may have played a full 18 just not a ranked round with a score well enough to  even qualify for the 'tin' beth page rage award... so i looked. and saw that just about every 9 played were the back 9 to kiawah... i just shook my head and closed the window.... so much for thinking that masters are the ones to emmulate <sp>... although .. there are about 5 or 7 who i look forwards to seeing their standings and scores every week... someday i would hope to play a round with them.. if only to improve their stats... now that you have finished reading this.. just know.. this is only a few more random thoughts of a player... sooooo.... should i post this on my profile alone or post to forum as well... hmm...

ohh well.. both it is... no sense in hiding it...

see ya on the course... till then.. hit 'em long... straight and infrequently...

RSS