Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger Woods.....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:52 PM (96 replies)
  • Electro68
    120 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 5:26 PM

Congrats to Tiger for a great executed Win Today at Bat Hill.He shot 2 under to win by 5 strokes and I loved every minute of it. Maybe this will shut  Alex Miceli  up for a while, lol.

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:04 PM

Well if Tiger wins the Masters I would say look out for the rest of the 2012 golf season.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:24 AM

You may not like him but he definitely does not suck. You gotta have something that has some intelligence and a little thought more thought into it. C'mon dude.....

HAWK

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 8:19 AM

KJHAWK2:
    You may not like him but he definitely does not suck.

I'd bet the TV ratings were double what they normally are for televised PGA events, too. 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 8:57 AM

YankeeJim:
    I'd bet the TV ratings were double what they normally are for televised PGA events, too.

As they usually are when Tiger contends.  At his best, Tiger was as good at his sport as any athlete has ever been at their sport, regardless of anyone's personal opinion of him.  At his best, he played golf better and more consistently than anyone has ever played it, or as the Golden Bear himself said "He plays a game with which I am not familiar".

If he can come back at 80% of what he was, he'll get to 19 majors eventually.  At 90%, within 4 years.

And just for fun, when discussing how realistic WGT is, keep this in mind:  On the par 5 #6, Tiger Woods hit a 267 yard 3 iron.  I do not believe my TB 2.0 or the R11 iron's 3 iron will go 267.  Tiger Woods is less realistic than WGT.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:06 AM

JaLaBar:
    when discussing how realistic WGT is, keep this in mind:  On the par 5 #6, Tiger Woods hit a 267 yard 3 iron.  I do not believe my TB 2.0 or the R11 iron's 3 iron will go 267.  Tiger Woods is less realistic than WGT.

Things that make you go hmmm! : )

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:15 AM

YankeeJim:

KJHAWK2:
    You may not like him but he definitely does not suck.

Yes, Jim, and imagine what CBS's ratings are gonna be in 2 weeks at Augusta if he's on the leader board come Saturday. Through the roof. Masters weekend is my favorite of the year and this one is going to be monumental. Jim Nantz should think about wearing some Depends.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:53 AM

JaLaBar:
    And just for fun, when discussing how realistic WGT is, keep this in mind:  On the par 5 #6, Tiger Woods hit a 267 yard 3 iron.  I do not believe my TB 2.0 or the R11 iron's 3 iron will go 267.

Funny you should mention realistic. GMac's putt stopping 2" short? Or him borking a 3 footer?? How about the lipouts all over the place? It all looked so similar to what happens here.

And in the right conditions, the R11 3i will easily go  that 267.  ;-)

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 2:49 AM

Funny you should mention realistic. GMac's putt stopping 2" short? Or him borking a 3 footer?? How about the lipouts all over the place? It all looked so similar to what happens here.

I was watching that & thought exactly the same thing YJ made me feel so much better & I'll be able to handle them now I know the very best seem to have the "Putting Bug"

GC. :-)

RSS