Forums

Help › Forums

Thank you Massachusetts Voters

Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:28 PM (40 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:58 PM

GITrDONE:
    How about the hippocracy that has emitted from the "White House" since the day they signed the "Declaration Of Independence". After declaring that all men are created equal they walked out of that room and told they're slaves to get they're horses

Actually, It took over a month to have all of the signers to affix signatures to the Declaration of Independence [authored by Jefferson with a few slight changes by Dr. Franklin and I believe Mr. Livingston] which was to notify King George that he was still a king, but not our king, and stated all of the reasons why. Not many slaves from the south made the journey to Philadelphia for this event. Afterword the Articles of Confederation became the law of the land, but was a disaster. It was not until 13 years later that the Constitution, authored by James Madison, was ratified as the replacement. It did not yet have a Bill of Rights. That came along I believe in 1791 or 92, which was again authored by Madison with heavy influence from Jefferson. Jefferson was in France when the constitution was signed and ratifed and had been for five years,

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:01 PM

GITrDONE:
    all men are created equal

I could be wrong, but back then I believe the definition of "men" meant white males over a certain age who owned land.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:10 PM

birdwell:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Thats what they say but heres what they mean...You can be expelled for reading the bible,not hitlers writings,you can read that all you want to.You also,by law,cannot not use a Christian prayer in school.

Our own Mississippi State Constitution had it in it that the Bible will never be taken out of public schools but I guess money and a few terrorist can get whatevr they want.You know things like the same freedoms the soldiers are fighting for us ALL to have but our government sees fit to give the same rights to the people we are trying to kill.

While at the same time our government wants to put our Navy Seals in jail for catching a terrorist on the battlefield.

I believe it's things like this that have or are going to delete the power of the government on both sides of the aisle.

Americans are ready to be governed by they're fellow Americans instead of people that would sell they're mothers health care down the river just to get what they want,not what they're state wants.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:24 PM

GITrDONE:
    Thats what they say but heres what they mean...You can be expelled for reading the bible,not hitlers writings,you can read that all you want to.You also,by law,cannot not use a Christian prayer in school.

You can give most of the credit for this disgusting progress directly to the ACLU.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:24 PM

GITrDONE:

You can give most of the credit for this disgusting progress directly to the ACLU.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:03 PM

Massachusetts just placed a wake up call...hopefully someone will hear the phone.     

I'm just sayin'...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:37 PM

Joeyola:

Massachusetts just placed a wake up call...hopefully someone will hear the phone.     

I'm just sayin'...

Absolutely true Joey. We have a president with an ego larger than the Andromeda, a speaker of the house with an IQ smaller than a caper, and a senate majority leader with the most unknown and dubious past in recent history. The perfect storm. Last night was clutch and I pray that this storm has been seeded. I pray. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:54 AM

SweetiePie:
    Last night was clutch and I pray that this storm has been seeded.

By all means let's revert to the Bush era. We haven't spent enough $ meddling in world affairs at the cost of our own economy-we need more wars and the Republicans will find them.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:01 AM

YankeeJim:
    By all means let's revert to the Bush era. We haven't spent enough $ meddling in world affairs at the cost of our own economy-we need more wars and the Republicans will find them.

The better move would be not to revert to anything, but to eliminate this current disaster and move toward a frontier that spring cleans every incumbent democrat and republican at the federal level and replaces them with honest, common sense Americans that can read, understand and follow the simplicity of the Constitution.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:12 AM
    Gotta love you bleeding heart Liberals, always want to talk about the war. Just a reminder... Obama just authorized more troops for Afghanistan and is still in Iraq. I could have sworn he ran on a platform of bringing the troops home. Maybe I'm wrong. Aside from the wars, why don't you Liberals ever mention the foreign Aid we waste our money on? From USAID's website... President Obama’s commitment to strengthen U.S. foreign assistance capacity by significantly increasing the core programming, policy, and management capabilities of the State Department and USAID. The resources in this request put the United States on a path to double U.S. foreign assistance by 2015, thereby providing the resources needed to help the world’s weakest states reduce poverty, combat global health threats, develop markets, govern peacefully, and expand democracy worldwide. The FY 2010 Function 150 International Affairs request totals $53.9 billion, an increase of 9 percent over the FY 2009 total, which includes both enacted and requested emergency supplemental funding. The FY 2010 Foreign Operations request for USAID, the Department of State and other foreign affairs agencies totals $36.7 billion, an increase of 8 percent over the FY 2009 total.
RSS