Forums

Help › Forums

Newbies!! PLEASE learn how to forfeit!!

Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:06 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:58 PM

Just played two match play games in a row where at both occassion, I played a 'hack' player, one had level 3, the other level 17. Playing is a big word since the first player quit the game during the first hole, the other after the fourth hole. Both players just unrespectfully disconnected and (probable) went on to search another game or type of play. For me, I was left behind during a play where you have to wait five minutes in order to continue to make the match count.

I am sick and tired of that waiting and the bad attitude!

Why don't they learn how to forfeit if they cannot handle the match anymore or are loosing badly or run out of time for any reason at all? Mostly this is with newbies however this unsporty disease also does occur with any tier or at any level.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:33 PM

You're a Tour Master, maybe it's time to stop feeding on low-level Hacks. How's the saying go... "pick on someone your own size."

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:58 PM

Voyager9940:
    Mostly this is with newbies

I played a Alt-shot game the other day and the match went to extra holes. My partner (Amateur) disconnected on the 10th hole, and we were 1 up. I'm guessing he thought the game was over.

GlassMan27:
    You're a Tour Master, maybe it's time to stop feeding on low-level Hacks.

That's not meant to take advantage GlassMan. Upper tier players have to take a multi-player game where we can. Finding friends with a green light on is hard to come by as well.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:46 PM

That's how hacks learn the game faster is to play better players, besides they don't have to play once they see he is a TM.

• kjarvis001
    25 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:33 PM

I wish you had explained how to forfeit. Now I have to search to see how it's done.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:46 AM

kjarvis001:

I wish you had explained how to forfeit. Now I have to search to see how it's done.

In the upper left 'scoreboard/chat area, click on the Menu button ... forfeiting is one of the available selections

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:23 AM

You have a point there Glassman and I agree to a certain point on that. Yet I happen to live in another time zone on this planet then the majority of players on WGT so when I wanna 'match play' somebody, I have to be happy with whome I can get. Another point is that a hack, or amateur, need to learn from more experienced players anyway. I learned that myself as an amateur and benefitted a lot from those experiences.

Also true is that three days ago, I played a hack at SA (my absolute favourite) and only got the better of him at the ninth hole! So even the lowest of tiers can be surprising against a TM (the guy had 3 birdies there!).

Regards,

Voy

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:25 AM

I fully agree with you Richard. Glassman does have a point there though but it is not an overruling one.

Regards,

Voy

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:28 AM

Right on Boomerboy, it is also how I learned the game at first and benefitted a lot from it.

Pity though that not many low tier players want to play a rather high tier. Afterall, it is fun and not a competition here (except for skin games or challenegs of course but I guess those are minority games at WGT).

Regards,

Voy

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:32 AM

gr8flbob:

kjarvis001:

In the upper left 'scoreboard/chat area, click on the Menu button ... forfeiting is one of the available selections

Indeed, that is one of the options and in fact the better one. Another option to forfeit is given at the screen where you are brought back to when the 5 minute timers are running. At the bottom left, you also have an option to forfeit. Thanks for posting Kjarvis001 and gr8flob!

Regards,

Voy

• PAGES
RSS