Help › Forums

Adobe Flash Player 10 problem, please help

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:32 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:33 PM

When I am in the middle of a game, I have a recurring problem. It will pop up that an add-on has caused a problem and internet explorer needs to close, which knocks me out of my game. The add-on is my adobe flash player 10. This has caused 75% of my match play losses, very frustrating. Any suggestions to help fix this problem would be much appreciated.        Thanks, Rhett78 

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:36 PM

Rhett:

My best suggestion for you is this:

Download Firefox and get the Adobe player plugin for it.

Firefox works much better for most people to play the game.

Hope that helps!

GD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:37 PM

Rhett-use another browser for the game, like FireFox, Chrome or Opera. IE is terrible. Chrome is free from Google and very easy to install and use. The game runs great on it. 

ninja'd

By one minute GD!!  LOL-my answer had more in it though............

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:49 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly give it a try. Best of luck on the courses, look me up anytime. We'll play a round or two.        Rhett78

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:42 PM

I am using Google Chrome now. I am not getting disconnected or booted off, as I was with I.E. The problem now is the meter. I had a fairly smooth meter with I.E. My meter with Chrome is choppy as hell. I have a 63 average, but with a meter like this, I'll be over 70 in no time. What will help. Thanks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:42 AM

Some tweaking of your browser may be in order here. Obviously, you need to clear your Flash cache-I'm assuming you did this. Also, go through your game options and make sure they are at what you had them. Then take a look at this thread:

http://wgt.com/forums/t/7987.aspx?PageIndex=1

It's a discussion about Flash and the different versions available. Chrome has an issue with the beta version so make sure you follow and apply what's in that thread. I have zero problems playing in Chrome with the correct Flash version.

Lastly, I'm sure WGT sees this but you can get a quicker response by going to them for help via e-mail. GL

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:11 AM

YankeeJim:
    Chrome has an issue with the beta version

I get the same issue with Firefox YJ - white screen with yellow triangle.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:33 AM

Rhett try what I have done with chrome. Next time you are on the main menu page

go to top of page with mouse and clk and pull page down to see the home page.

Go to the top left corner of home page where it reads world golf tour and clk on the little x.

If the main menu comes back up go play a rd. Will see a big improvement in meter.

I know I did by 90%.

dino

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:06 AM

What Johnie just said was close the main browser window after your game starts. Your game starts in a new browser and the main one stays open in the background. You don't need it to play and sometimes traffic there (friend alerts, popup ads, etc.) causes CPU spikes which are what cause meter grief.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:19 AM

I'll have to beg to differ with some. Have used IE 7 and 8 without issue.

• PAGES
RSS