Forums

Help › Forums

Suicide chess

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:51 AM (5 replies)
  • Davgelb
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:48 AM

I would like to propose a new game for WGT to host based on the existing courses:  A furthest-from-the-hole competition, but greenies only. (Kind of like suicide chess.)  The leaderboard would reflect the largest total feet from the hole based on landing on the nine greens on each of the existing courses.  Those of us who are kind of bored (or frustrated, I imagine, in some cases) in aiming at the same target each time will now get a chance to go the opposite way and try to find the furthest spot on each green.  I actually think this might be a greater challenge.  Any thoughts?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:26 AM

Were's lilrob? He's the master of whacky t's like the Tiger No-Woods Open.( No fairway clubs or drivers.) This is right up his alley.

There's a similar version of this called the FFTH-Farthest From The Hole- played for fun on the CTTH courses. I think the top is around 10,000-11,000 yds. 

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:38 AM

Yeah, back in the day we used to screw around on the course and play the same thing, but it was kinda the opposite of greenies, sandies and birdies. For a couple of years we would have a small tournament called theNo Hope Classic. Spurred by that famous line"from the back you look like Bob Hope, from the front you look like no hope". Even had an angraved trophy, lotsa fun!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:09 PM

errrr

this has all ready been proposed, but in all honestly lol that format is useless

fun yes, but probably not happening

• Davgelb
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:13 PM

Okay, I can see where this might deserve a bit of scoffing.  But if you think about it there is a kind of skill demand here.  It's not just "what's the worst possible score I can get on this hole?"  Each green is different (although at Wolf Creek, we play two holes twice each in the nine) and you have to think about and  find a location that looks like it could be furthest from the hole and then get the ball on the green  in order to get a legal score.  It's not any less of a challenge than trying to get near the pin and it's still target golf.  I just think it would make a nice change of pace...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:51 AM

How about introducing greenies for credits in a match? Or skredits (skins?)

(This ought to fuel the gambling fire.........)

RSS