Help › Forums

Delete blog posts?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 31 2009 3:43 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2009 10:37 PM

We used to have the ability to delete our personal blog posts and it looks like that was removed.  Sometimes, like for the MP Tourneys, I'll only need something posted for 30 days and then I'll take the post down once the month is over.

Is it possible to have this feature turned back on?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2009 10:46 PM

Interesting, I just deleted all my blog posts the other day.  I had been having trouble removing my very first blog post from back in October, but the other ones deleted fine.  I actually posted and deleted a post just yesterday, so I wonder if something changed over the last 24hrs.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 2 2009 10:23 PM

Which post are you trying to delete? Do you see a delete link for it, or do you click it and the post doesn't disappear?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 2 2009 11:02 PM

The delete link is missing.  The only thing at the bottom of each post is edit.

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 8:47 AM

Mine seems to be fine, I deleted several just this morning.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 8:50 AM

Really?  Mine still doesn't work. :(

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 9:52 AM

Hi nivlac, what browser are you using, and can you send us a screen shot of what you're seeing? Thanks

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 10:12 AM

Sure, using Firefox 3.0.6 

I manually removed the pictures to save space.  Normally there is a delete link under the Edit Link and it's not there.  I've even tried highlighting the page to see if maybe it was just 'hidden' but, no luck.

Looking at the source code there appears to be no HREF for the word Delete in the blog posts section although it does appear everywhere else.  There is an HREF for Edit.  I can post or email what I see in the source code if you need it.

I wonder if my Java needs an update. (*edit* no, I was only 1 update behind and that didn't make a difference)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 4:36 PM

Hi nivlac, there is a bug where if you have beyond a certain number of blog and wall posts, the system starts to drop the delete button from some of your posts because it doesn't know that they are yours. For now, if there are posts you'd like to delete but can't, let us know and we'll delete them for you.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 10:22 PM

If you don't mind, you could remove the one about the feb tourney and the scorecard pic.  I think I still had a delete option with 3 posts, so I'll keep it under that for now.

• PAGES
RSS