skip nav

Forums

WGT SCAM

Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:48 PM by marioh. 14 replies.
  • casperspal United States
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 10:29 AM

Two days ago I came to the decision that the frustrations I experience playing this game was not worth the more than $50.00 that I have invested into playing it. So, I sold all of my equipment for mere pennies on the dollar for the cost to purchase it. I now have a whopping 1,746 credits on my account and I asked WGT to credit it back to my credit card. Surprise, they won't do it. So, it cost me $34.00 (and that doesn't count the $$ spent on balls) to be a fricken guinea pig for them.

I understand this is a BETA site and that being said they should not be charging people top dollar for equipment when we are being used as guinea pigs. And that goes for the sell back value of equipment as well. They only pay pennies on the dollar towards the original purchase price. We are continually told that you need to upgrade your clubs or balls to get the best experience. Bottom line here is WGT's approach and attitude are way out of line. Players continue to dump money into their pockets only to help them get this game dialed in and all we get back is " a fix is coming hang in there". BS

Thanks for the unforgettable experience WGT

PS: I have been playing Golden Tee Golf online for 7 years and you want to know how much money I have invested over that period of time to be able to play 52 (yes 52) courses? No one penny. Out of the more than 200 players I know on GTG not a single one (and many have checked it out) has come over to WGT. That testimony speaks fr itself.

• birdwell United States
    561 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:10 AM

Scam?

Hardly. Just sounds like buyers remorse.

It's unfortunate that you did not enjoy the game. What you are asking for is the equivalent of going to a movie, determining you don't like the movie and asking for a refund.

18 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:18 AM

Not even close my friend. 

• marioh United States
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:28 AM

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the game casperspal.

But, as stated in the EULA...

WGT Credits do not have monetary value and are not redeemable for money at any time.

http://www.wgt.com/terms.aspx

Always know what you're getting into before you spend any money.   I know the vast majority of people don't read EULA's, but it's better to be informed prior to spending any money on any software, product, or services.

• cobra4 United Kingdom
    359 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:31 AM

Its false advertising, you buy clubs to better your expierience and to improve your game, well i am playing better with the default irons at the moment , so you tell me how come the raptures aint performing like they normaly do, what has happend ? what has changed?.

Or is it the connection between my brain and forefinger that has suddenly gone .

18 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:32 AM

I accept responsibility for not reading EULA. My bad!

• marioh United States
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:43 AM

cobra4:

Its false advertising, you buy clubs to better your expierience and to improve your game, well i am playing better with the default irons at the moment , so you tell me how come the raptures aint performing like they normaly do, what has happend ? what has changed?.

Or is it the connection between my brain and forefinger that has suddenly gone .

When they first released the Pro Shop, the following in the EULA caught my attention.

You acknowledge and agree that that in the course of providing this dynamic environment, WORLD GOLF TOUR will, without providing notice, be making ongoing modifications and improvements to the Game Software from time to time in the course of the operation and development of the Site. Such changes may affect the performance and interaction of individual components of the games, performance of virtual items, contests and challenges available on the Site.

There's a reason why you'll almost never hear me say anything regarding changes in performance of the clubs I use.   And believe me, I notice when things do change.   But, I know I have very little leg to stand on due to me agreeing to the EULA.

Now, I believe the issues people have been experiencing since the last update is a bug which should be fixed by WGT.

• BicDaddy United States
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:04 PM
    This is a bit off topix but where is the site that you play goldent tee online?
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:05 PM

To quote a famous (WGT) player... "reading is FUNdamental!"

• cobra4 United Kingdom
    359 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:10 PM

They probably just added that the last few days to cover there selves ...huh

RSS