Help › Forums

Flop shot careened??

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 31 2009 7:21 AM (3 replies)
  • TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 3:35 PM

Hello, 

On hole 4 I hit a flop shot that should have either hit the stick, or gone in.  I saved it as WTF?  Could you look at it and tell me why neither happened?  There was no stick noise or cup noise.....yet the ball carreened about 15 feet away?

Any answer to this would be most helpful.

Thank you,

TitleistPro

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 4:23 PM

Hi TitleistPro, it looks like your ball hit the pin and bounced off, and yes it should make a sound. We'll look into why it didn't in your case.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 5:00 PM

I think there might be more going on there.  I've watched this thing about 20 times now while freeze framing and it appears that the ball never actually touches the ground.  Instead, it appears to be redirected in mid air 12 inches above the ground and in such a way that isn't consistent with it's flight path.  The ball's momentum increased, almost as if there was a hole in the texture. Maybe the ball slipped through and was propelled out with more force than it came in with.  That kinda stuff happens a lot in games.

Come to think of it, I can't say I've ever seen the ball hit the stick mid flight aside from when it would fly straight into the hole.  Are the flagsticks only physical, impactable objects up to a certain vertical limit above which the ball simply passes through it as if it doesn't exist?

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2009 7:21 AM

I took a look too... It looks like it actually lips out off the rim!  I was able to stop the replay exactly when the ball gets to the hole, so it does get all the way down, then rockets out again.  I've personally had something like this happen to me in real life... from 130y the shot was headed directly at the pin... hits something and bounces high and 20y backwards and to the left!  My playing partner and I finally came to the conclusion that it must have gone in, hit the bottom of the back of the cup, gone around the pin and back out.... (if that makes any sense : P )  Anyways, I guess I'm saying anything can happen, and it looks like that here too.

RSS