skip nav

Forums

Flippin' Meter

Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:08 PM by DoctorLarry. 36 replies.
  • Infinito3010 Canada
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 2:07 PM

Easiest way to tell the amount of horsepower a graphics card has is to look at the number of processing  units.

1. AMD 6310 has 80 units
    2. AMD 5570 has 400 units

Here is a table http://www.graphicscardbenchmarks.com/page/table that will compare amd and nvidia graphics card.  It is very informative.

Digg
    Delicious
  • PRIESTESS United Kingdom
    9,986 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 2:39 PM

Nice charts Stinger! :)

Digg
    Delicious
  • SHRUDE Australia
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 4:03 PM

PRIESTESS:
    I was referring to a desktop card not intergrated,if that makes any difference to my assumptions.

It can get very confusing! :)

Most laptiops GPU's are integrated, it is good to get a lappy with Dedicated graphics. They arent borrowing memory from the System ram then.

Infinito3010:
    AMD 6310 has 80 units

very basic.. but..

all this is assumption on DHARMACATS graphics yet, they may just as well have a dedicated card and not entirely the issue anyway.

Infinito3010:

PRIESTESS:
    Nice charts Stinger! :)

I'll say! easier than the ones over at Toms Hardware.

Digg
    Delicious
  • unjust Denmark
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 4:55 PM

I agree som som of this comment. The meter run is giving a unfortunate, and from time to time VERY unpleasant stop. I run a update every day, befor i go online, i clean up browser and maintain my PC for all new update. I still run in to this meter run stop.

It even cost me 120 cerdit in a skin/cerdit game.

If anyone know´s who to contack at this site, give me info please. I will write a letter.

I dont know if it is because WGT´s server is unstabil ore not. BUT! It a problem i think many runs in to all to offen, and if WGT does not know of this problem, then they cant make it, or try to find out what's the problem.

Who to blam i dont know. BUT! WGT need to look at this.......

Digg
    Delicious
  • andyson United States
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:50 AM

dharmacat:
    Also, as I stated in an earlier post, it is very strange that the version shown in the upper rt hand corner is now 1.86.03,, and it was 1.86.06...which would normally indicate an earlier and less developed version of the program...I have asked for an explanation fo this and have not heard anything.

On Tuesday 12/13/11 I wrote down the version number as 1.82.07

On Saturday 1/7/12 I wrote down the version number as 1.84.06

On Wednesday 1/11/12 I wrote down the version number as 1.86.03

You are mistaken on the prior version number.

Digg
    Delicious
  • phiber United States
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:48 AM

Folks, definitely something going on here other than one's pc. especaily mine

This morning, playing the 9 hole unlimited, #10 tee, just as I started to hit the ball the meter skipped maybe an inch all at once, the result was the ball scooting across the ground in to the "weeds" lost ball,  2nd time this morning.

I am running game booster with the latest updates, Comodo Dragon and WGT is the ONLY thing I use it for, there is absolutely nothing in my system tray when the game is on, I spent the money and updated my PC to around 6.9gig RAM because that was suggested, running at 2.8GHz, just checked and the DL speed is 8.49mbps.  Cache is cleaned before every session on WGT both on flash and in the browser.  Loop is always turned off (not sure that really accomplishes anything)

Just in the past 3 days, this has probably happened half a dozen times in situations where it cost me a ball and most of the time it was shortly after a ball had been taken out of play and a new ball on the tee. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Rzbk United States
    376 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 7:57 PM

Hold 2 seconds??

What's that about?

Digg
    Delicious
  • unjust Denmark
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:40 AM

It aboud having meter run stop when you putt ( ore any shoots for that mather )

Wee talking aboud why WGT, dosen look at the problem

Digg
    Delicious
  • unjust Denmark
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 7:21 AM

I have to say....

I am VERY sure that I have update my computer, that I have a FAST ENOUGH internet set - up, I have clean my computer for malwar - run a virus scam make sure that ALL my drivers are UP TO DAY, and check + re check EVERY THING on/in my system..

And still I run in to people that have a lag/bug problem, or have truble my self her.

So now that I am sure it is NOT MY COMPUTER that have a problem, I dare accuse WGT for having a bad set up ( server )

Digg
    Delicious
  • SimonHewlett United Kingdom
    204 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 7:59 AM

I too have never complained about meter issues but mine over the past week have been terrible. No changes made to this PC what so ever. I have done all the usual checks to make sure it is all clear at my end.

I've gone from a perfect meter to a near unplayable one in the blink of an eye. It makes no sense.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS