skip nav

Forums

Flippin' Meter

Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:08 PM by DoctorLarry. 36 replies.
  • SHRUDE Australia
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 5:02 AM

mobrienjr:
    you just need to do some maintenance on your stuff.

yep this.

dharmacat:
    I've done all my maintenance several times, so don't assume you know what others are going through

uh huh.. as an ex pc tech  i have come across some pretty bloated systems..

It has nothing to do with WGT .

How much do yu have running in your system tray?

How many toolbars are employed?

MSN?  biggest virus carrier on the planet.

Who knows what your system is junked up with.

Format  - load wgt and play - all is rosy again. 

piztaker:
    No problems here.

ditto

Digg
    Delicious
  • dharmacat Canada
    1,580 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 6:53 AM

SHRUDE:

How much do yu have running in your system tray?

How many toolbars are employed?

MSN?  biggest virus carrier on the planet.

Who knows what your system is junked up with

Ok, my laptop is 2 months new,  have a very simple way of using it and refuse to "junk it up" as most do, don't use extra toolbars, hate them, don't use MSN for the reason you state, and never ever run anything else while playing. It is used for mail, searching in explorer or google, news online and WGT.

I've cleared my cache several times, and my flash, have used both explorer and google chrome, and still  have run into this problem  much more frequently  in the last few day. Also, as I stated in an earlier post, it is very strange that the version shown in the upper rt hand corner is now 1.86.03,, and it was 1.86.06...which would normally indicate an earlier and less developed version of the program...I have asked for an explanation fo this and have not heard anything.

If you can still justify your argument that my computer and its"junk" is the problem, I'd like to hear about it....

Digg
    Delicious
  • SHRUDE Australia
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:44 AM

dharmacat:
    my laptop is 2 months new,

Bottom end with inadequate memory?

Specs?

dharmacat:
    I've cleared my cache several times, and my flash,

Cookies too?

Download and run CCleaner.

dharmacat:
    is now 1.86.03,, and it was 1.86.06

Probably just a typo, last update fixed the upside down friends list.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Mesmorizer Canada
    614 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:56 AM

I have gotten metered a few times this weekend. But in WGT's defence I have got so use to a smooth meter that I take some shots really quick and have stopped using the hold 2 secs shot thing etc. So having the "Odd Meter" problem is expected when rushing a shot. Thats my 2 cents and I blame only one person when this happens "ME". Lawl.

Mes.

Digg
    Delicious
  • dharmacat Canada
    1,580 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 5:31 AM

SHRUDE:

Bottom end with inadequate memory?

Specs?

My new laptop runs Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD 1.6 Ghz, 4 GB Ram, 64 bit.....more than adequate, and yes, I have cleared cookies. 

Anything else?

Yesterday, btw, it seemed to occur less frequently...which again seems to indicate that the issue is at the WGT end, not the user's.

Digg
    Delicious
  • SHRUDE Australia
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:54 AM

dharmacat:
    AMD 1.6 Ghz

Kinda low for this day and age.

How about the graphics card? Sharing the memory as well?

Most of these $500 laptops usually have a low end graphics card Radeon 6310 or something.

Go into MSCONFIG   and have a look at all the items that are starting up with windows, deselect all the superflous stuff.

Or better yet, download CCleaner, use it to clean the system, clean the registry (make a backup) and to view your StartUp items.

Digg
    Delicious
  • PRIESTESS United Kingdom
    9,986 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:33 PM

SHRUDE:
    Most of these $500 laptops usually have a low end graphics card Radeon 6310 or something.
    ,Radeon 6310 is way way above the spec required,and is way better than my 5570 which i like,you dont need a high end graphic card to play this smoothly.Ram is more important than an overclocked Graphic card

Digg
    Delicious
  • SHRUDE Australia
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:57 PM

PRIESTESS:
    Radeon 6310 is way way above the spec required,and is way better than my 5570

6310 is a class 3 card, your 5570 is a class 2, yours is a better card.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6310.40952.0.html

PRIESTESS:
    Ram is more important, than an overclocked Graphic card

Correct

And if the video card is borrowing its ram from the system, then Win 7 isnt getting what it needs. Which is probably the case here.However we dont know what the video card, i was just guessing.

Also if the laptop has all its OEM bloatware still running then that is also depleting the available resources.

Then there are other issues to consider,  wired mouse or bluetooth? network latency? Wireless?

Just saying its not WGT, I have an average desktop PC and an Average Laptop and I dont have all these 'meter issues'.

Digg
    Delicious
  • OmegaManKFH United States
    113 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:07 PM

I'd like to know what the "ex" pc techs qualifications are. What certifications do you have? 

Digg
    Delicious
  • PRIESTESS United Kingdom
    9,986 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:13 PM

SHRUDE:
    6310 is a class 3 card, your 5570 is a class 2, yours is a better card.

I always assumed the higher number card the better it is?,Guess thats something new i just learned,I was referring to a desktop card not intergrated,if that makes any difference to my assumptions.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS