Help › Forums

UPDATE:Bilko's Putter Pal - New Wind Calculator

Wed, Mar 2 2022 4:43 PM (230 replies)
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:42 AM

remymartin71:

wheres the online stand alone version im on mac,no excel here ty ,martin

Go to his profile page the link to it is on it under the examples.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:43 AM

remymartin71:

wheres the online stand alone version im on mac,no excel here ty ,martin

Go to his profile page the link to it is under the examples.

• PureWhiPlasH
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:14 PM

Anyone use this still, or have tried to download it?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:49 PM

PureWhiPlasH:

Anyone use this still, or have tried to download it?

I went to davesters wgt tips and advice website and followed his link to it. I have the wind/distance calculator on my desktop now. It's a zip file, and pretty accurate (when you hit the shot right, which I fail to do too many times). Pretty handy tool. And, davester's web page has excellent tips and advice on everything. He has put a lot of time and effort into it. WGT should have a permanent link on here for it. I don't use putter or shot pals, so I have no idea about them.

And, I have to give a shout out to fmagnets, whom( leave me alone grammar *** if "whom" is not the right word) I've learned some really valuable advice and tips from. My game, as bad as it is, has improved 10 fold in the last month or so. The simplest things can be the biggest help. Every stat I have has continued to improve. I still have beginner level hack stats, but not for long. Just takes time, execution, and patience (which the little blue pills have helped me with, tremendously).

• PureWhiPlasH
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 7:56 PM

i can download this but can't install the program?!?!? any help would be nice!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:29 PM

when you've downloaded it (I download directly to desktop, so I don't have to search for it), open the folder. There are 3 folders inside. Click on setup, then install. Now, click "golf putting aid" and the calculator will come up. I have to leave the entire zip file on the desktop. You can create a shortcut for just the calculator, but I have found that if I move the zip file to any other folder or location, the calc. won't open (it says file has been moved and can't be accessed). Maybe ScottHope (the guru) will see this, and help us both out :)

I am posting a vid on YouTube showing the entire process. I'll put the link on here when it's done.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:57 PM

PureWhiPlasH:

i can download this but can't install the program?!?!? any help would be nice!

Here is how I downloaded and installed it. If it doesn't play, here is the link to it:

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:50 PM

• PureWhiPlasH
    55 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2014 12:29 AM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

this is what happens when i click on setup.exe

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2014 12:58 AM

PureWhiPlasH:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

this is what happens when i click on setup.exe

That happened to me once, also. I am not "techie" enough to know what it means. I used an uninstaller (advanced uninstaller or iobit uninstaller) and uninstalled it, then re-installed it and it worked fine. I did find out that you have to download it exactly like I did in the video. (did you click on details and see what it says?)

Also, did you use the link from davester's website? If not, try it that way. The calculator is on a file-sharing type site, and they want you to download extra crap or use their "download manager", and you have to avoid that.

RSS