Forums

Help › Forums

Yancy & Medford Mel Driving Raw Footage - Fence Was Shut at Congressional Country Club

Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:54 PM (91 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 12:03 PM

Yancy and Medford Mel try to find the route to Hilvershooshe golf club on the GPS and whatnots. That dern gate all up on the wgt.com Oakmont C.C./Congressional was shut tight seriosable style.

Now, we could have scaled that dirty ma' - but we got some weird feelings and then a warm liquid....nuff said. We are now using our GPS deal to re-route us to get all up on that HIlverSmooch course.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 1:16 PM

YOU GOOOOOOO Yancy! JUST FREAKING AWESOOOOME!!!!! I will most definitely be checking in daily to check out any and all new updates of your trip. Be careful. A word of advice. [ Take EXTRA care / caution, what have ya. The extra paranormals now know you are on the road with a mission in mind.] That being said. Under these circumstances things can get very , VERY dicey and dangerous. Good Luck. As mentioned, I will be checking in daily and lastly - this is edge. A Yancy fan.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 2:23 PM

I have some more aid and succour for you our American Cousins on this your esteemed road trip.

I have two pallets of Road traffic cones which Lambert was fortunate enough to acquire when he ran the Bentley off the Road during a spot of bother he encountered whilst rolling himself a smoke and simultaneously fighting the dog off. In my opinion no one has the right to be travelling at 141 miles per hour on the M6 in snow anyway, especially not in Daddys Bentley, but there we are.

I also have one and a half bottles of red Bull, the sort with the screw cap which I didn't drink on account of falling asleep at the helm. I know the half bottle has a sell by of August 2008 but that's just a guess anyway and Gopesh at the village shop tells me assuredly that he can only be competetive if his esteemed clientelle are prepared to accept some chafed corners. I have written Medfords name on that one with a dry wipe marker, also from Gopesh's, so it's a little faint.

More importantly I have sent poste restante, my entire girlhood collection of foreign coins and sundry notes including a large amount of lira, Deutsche mark and francs, which will come in handy when you obtain the Euro zone, because I'm almost pretty sure that shilverhoomch is in Turkey, which is next to Greece, or at least it is when cook does it for Christmas.

Your clogs will come in artful handy there because thats what the indigenous always wear on account of the mountainous terrain and over many red spiders who colonise the hedgerows.

I also did enclose my personal phrasebook and my home published travel guide, which I call "rough trade" for all of Europe, the Russias and the mediteranean River system. These can all be found off  Interstate91 as you know, but its a sharp turn, so drink up your red bulls chaps.

The little pie shop beside the wooden leg emporium sells an excruciatingly nice range of furry hats with ear flaps in case you have to swim. Tell them Lizzie sent you and they will give to you an enormously satisfying discount and they also accept hub caps and plastic beer tokens which we both know is a fair exchange.

My final word of advice, which I will give now in case you have to eat this message before you get to the end, is make sure you cross to the other side of that road in the vidya. I'm not sure if you are aware, but you and a few of the other cars are actually driving the wrong way, AND on the wrong side. Lambert assures me that this is irrelevant, but I happen to think he might be in error there, and I should know because I have a helicopter coloured in in watercolours.

This last bit is the bit you might not get to read in case of capture, so I shall be writing nothing of significance for the sake of safety, all of our safety.

God speed, electronic capture devices permitting.

Lizzie xx

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 4:39 PM

Yancy

Best of luck to you and Medfords in finding Shivermulch Golf Club.  Just make sure the satellite GPS finding thingy is well programmed; by the looks of it, and if Lizzie is to be believed, which of course none of us would never not, not ever, Hilversmunch GC can be anywhere between Iceland and Saudi Arabia.  Or more.  (Hey, that rhymes, I should be a poet).  I hear the European Tour wanted to hold their tournament there in May, but they were forced to take September because no one could pronounce it or spell it (Milvershuch that is, not May cos that is easy to pronounce), so they hoped the extra 4 months would give all the players extra time to figure out where it is.  So far they only have 3 entrants, and for some reason they are all from Holland.  Not figured out why yet.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 5:53 PM

Good luck and God speed on your latest travels. Make sure you don't have your GPS thingy wired wrong and end up in Harbor Town. Keep a sharp eye for the parannormulas and such as they will try to distract you and Medford from completing your quest. Drink lots of Folgers and stay alert. See ya if you ever get back.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 6:29 PM

LizzieRossetti:

I also did enclose my personal phrasebook and my home published travel guide, which I call "rough trade" for all of Europe, the Russias and the mediteranean River system. These can all be found off  Interstate91 as you know, but its a sharp turn, so drink up your red bulls chaps.

The little pie shop beside the wooden leg emporium sells an excruciatingly nice range of furry hats with ear flaps in case you have to swim. Tell them Lizzie sent you and they will give to you an enormously satisfying discount and they also accept hub caps and plastic beer tokens which we both know is a fair exchange.

fkg tears, thanks lizzie for the fabulous "abdominal workout".

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 7:08 PM

Will set the over/under at 10 bags of haribos consumed en route.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 8:57 PM

Thanks Lizzie - your sound advice is comforting to us common gents on this adventure.

We are converting your post to a PDF for tablet usage while we squat in the bushes on night watch and such.

My name is Yancy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2012 9:00 PM

Yancy & Medford Mel Driving to HilverSmoosh Golf Course EP2

Night has come to day one of Yancy & Mel's drive to the HilverShume Golf Club. The GPS has us routed and all up on the way there. Estimated arrival is in 6 days.

Having stopped driving for the night - Yancy & Mel attempt to check out the local municipal golf course for signs of any alien human-hybrid colonization clues.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Jan 9 2012 4:00 AM

YancyCan:
    Estimated arrival is in 6 days.

Yancy

Seeing as you have 6 days to go, I'm a little concerned now.  Is your satellite GPS transceiving thingymbobby truly transcontinental?  And will it cope with the large puddles inbetweeners the landmasses?  Or maybe you're circumnavigationing the earth in the backwards direction and so it's all land in front.  If so, be careful of the borders.

6 days???  Are yer sures?  You can be sure to cross a shore in 6 days and and for sure be at SilverMulche.  Sure.

Don't asks me to translates none of the above cos i's no clue what i's sayin.  Jus sayin.

Speakin of none of the above, which film does the line "Who ya gonna vote for?  None of the above." come from, and who are the 2 main actors?  Clue:  it's not Ghostbusters.

RSS