Forums

Help › Forums

WGT & RYDER CUP GOLF

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 28 2009 3:46 AM (29 replies)
  • gcookman
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 5:18 PM

Might be a little early to post this suggestion but, would anyone like to join a EUROPE versus USA group and play a Ryder Cup Golf "type" Tournament? Not sure how we could score it but I'm sure someone will come up with an idea. gav

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 6:10 AM

I've already suggested this in Community Organised Tournaments, I think it could be a lot of fun, though it might be difficult getting enough european players, so it would be easier if it was USA vs The Rest of the World

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 8:27 AM

I'm in!!!!!  That would be a blast.....nivlac and some of the others already seem to be running match play tournaments on here (although I have just signed up for my first, and hope not to embarrass myself...LOL

nivlac, how much trouble would it be to run one of these? 

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:12 AM

Time difference is quite difficult to manage but I'm in if it is organised.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:36 AM

There's a couple of issues that spring to mind immediately.  First, the key missing element is alternate shot and without that there goes Day 1 and 8 points worth of matches.  We could easily do the fourball and singles matches without a problem.  We just need something else to replace alternate shot.

Second is the amount of international players.  You need 12 to form a team.  Can you find 12 international players who can compete with the top of the American crop?

Scheduling is the third issue. You will most likely always be playing against someone at least a few time zones away, but that's the least of the concerns and can be problaby be remedied.  I'm also concerned about lag between distant connections.

If we can clear the hurdles of #1 and #2, then no, I don't see why we couldn't do this eventually.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 10:53 AM

Perhaps we could eventually do this as a summer alternative to Match Play Tournaments. By the way, what is alternate shot? I watch the Ryder Cup and I know what they usualy do, but it's probably got another name in spanish.

• foxysocks
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 5:19 PM

it is when player A tees of then player B hits the second shot.. and so on

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 3:37 AM

Ah, OK, cheers. Incidently, have you seen Montgomerie has been named European capatain for 2010? Come on, Monty, you're a legend of Ryder Cup!

• foxysocks
    13 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 6:47 PM

i saw that

i think ian woosman would have been a better choice.. but im happy because im american:}

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2009 2:37 PM

" Can you find 12 international players who can compete with the top of the American crop?"

Nivlac, one day your gonna eat those words my friend   :)     .........just remember not to jump and dance over my line please .......  :)

RSS