Forums

Help › Forums

How to master the swing meter???

Fri, Feb 24 2023 10:13 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:48 PM

Okay so I have played around 20 games and have made it to pro, getting ready to buy some clubs I think...

By far the worst part of my game is the swing meter, constantly hit the ball off center it this more than anything ruins my scores. I understand the better clubs "should" help but holy crikey the swing meter goes FASTER on these damn upgraded clubs!?!?!?

I'm a little torn on this, swing meter dang hard to hit center already and better clubs make it go faster...hmmm... Is there a trick to nailing this swing meter? LOL

• Pilly40
    28 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:00 AM

If the swing meter is to fast for you, you can buy different clubs with a slower swing meter, i also have trouble and made the mistake of buying Ping G10s which were really fast but the Ping Rapture clubs have a slow swing meter.

You can also buy balls that give you a slower swing meter, check all the specs when buying clubs it shows you the swing meter speeds ;)

As for mastering the meter, well i guess you never really master it completely, thats all part of the fun, no pro for real would hit a perfect shot everytime would they .

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:43 AM

Pilly40:
    As for mastering the meter, well i guess you never really master it completely, thats all part of the fun, no pro for real would hit a perfect shot everytime would they .

So true but thats the beauty of learning this game imo. Learning to control your hits and use effect of draw/fade to your advantage really pays off. You dont have to hit perfect dings everytime to construct a good round, helps tho especially on approach and putting. Any ball with feel points will slow the meter a little. I use GI2 balls to help my aging reflexes and im more than happy with the setup I have. Meter isnt to slow like the raps but is manageable. One good trick i read on here a while back is to bring your cursor down next to the hit spot after you set power for a shot - gives you a bigger target to hit and helps to train your eye to the hitzone.

• raiderrob67
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:54 PM
    Yep thats what i do,put the course on the sweet spot,it helps most of the time.
  • JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:10 PM

Jayjon, I mentioned this in another thread, and it might be worth mentioning here. Before a shot, especially a drive, I take two practice swings. After the second swing, an arrow appears above the perfect-hit mark on the meter. This gives me something to aim for besides the meter-mark itself. I've used it long enough that most times I don't need it anymore. It's very helpful on wedge shots that demand precision. I'm a fast player, but this takes about 20 seconds to set my aim, set the spin, and take both practice swings. Hope this helps.

• KingDamo
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:08 PM

how do you take practice swings?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:16 PM
    KingDamo... good question. Just let your player swing all the way through without clicking on the sweet spot. It will not cost you strokes but will smooth out the meter.
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:19 PM

KingDamo:

how do you take practice swings?

After drawing the power bar back, just allow it to return back w/o clicking your mouse.

You''ll see.

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:40 PM

Very useful tip....esp for the fast swing meters of the high precision sets....thank you so much!!

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 2:18 PM

Thanks for the tips guys and gals....I have the same problem. I'll try these tips. Thanks again.

• PAGES
RSS