Forums

Help › Forums

How to properly use chip and pitch clubs: A guide V2.0

Thu, Aug 3 2023 5:05 PM (335 replies)
  • scottreid1966
    14 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:06 AM

Thanks for the tips. Was wondering if you could help me concerning meter speeds. I will be upgrading soon and would like to know if the arrow for slower meter speed is left (9 o'clock) or right (3 o'clock). or vice-versa.

Happy Holidays

scottreid1966

• Garymers
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:45 AM

I stumbled on this game just as the real thing closed due to snow here in Minnesota.  I like it a lot but.... BUT... when I am in the rough (short or long) on frequent occasion, even though I have full-backspin and am using a wedge, the ball chile-dips over and over again.  It doesn't seem to matter if I click exactly on the center (white) line on impact or not.  

I'd love a solution to this as it ruins a really fun round about half the time.

Any ideas

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:53 AM

Garymers:
    when I am in the rough (short or long) on frequent occasion, even though I have full-backspin and am using a wedge, the ball chile-dips over and over again.

This is probably from trying to hit partial shots from the rough. For best results in the rough (especially with starter clubs), you need to hit a full shot or very nearly full - at least 70% power. Some of the more advanced wedges have better performance from the rough and allow more flexibility.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 3:04 AM

scottreid1966:

Thanks for the tips. Was wondering if you could help me concerning meter speeds. I will be upgrading soon and would like to know if the arrow for slower meter speed is left (9 o'clock) or right (3 o'clock). or vice-versa.

Happy Holidays

scottreid1966

9 o'clock is very slow..... 3 o'clock is Warp speed.

Anything to the left of noon is slower.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:53 PM

Wow amazing tutorial! Have a question on sand shots. Do you use the pitch,punch, or flop to get out of the sand?  thanks

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:38 PM

All four (including full shots) are possible, depending on the lie %%.

Flops suffer a lot of distance from 30% (not advisable from deeper stuff).

I had successful pitches from 30% when the rim is low.

Best from deep sand is a punch IMHO. It's least affected by the %%.

Edit:

Only use wedges from 30%+ sand...

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:43 PM

alosso:

All four (including full shots) are possible, depending on the lie %%.

Flops suffer a lot of distance from 30% (not advisable from deeper stuff).

I had successful pitches from 30% when the rim is low.

Best from deep sand is a punch IMHO. It's least affected by the %%.

Edit:

Only use wedges from 30%+ sand...

So what do you use for 30% or less? Also on "deep" sand or rough(40%-50%) like BP I find when I add say 40% more power that many times I'm too long on the shot. Thanks for the info. 

• Garymers
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:31 PM

Sometimes I read a putt from both directions and with a slope from right to left I move the marker the appropriate distance (my guess) to the right but when I strike the ball it seems sometimes to start out almost the opposite on the other side of the ball and doesn't appear to slope as indicated. 

Is there (using easy-swing putter) some English on my take-away or something?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:30 PM

It's the SWING putter itself - it's - excuse me - sh*t, the worst club on WGT. You may as well putt with eyes closed.

Change to the Starter putter which is in your inventory and enjoy the ride - this is one of the best free clubs around.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:36 PM

TracyMax:
    So what do you use for 30% or less? Also on "deep" sand or rough(40%-50%) like BP I find when I add say 40% more power that many times I'm too long on the shot. Thanks for the info. 
    30-40%, see above. Punch shots lose less distance than indicated, full shots from bunker do.

Below 30% you may try any club from the rough and at least the irons from the bunkers. Shots from rough suffer less than indicated, short iron shots may keep their distance.

From 50+% rough, it's hoping for the best and play out short distance to FW.

Mulch is a special ground (e.g. at KIA) - add the extra %% power x2 / x3 and hope for the best.

Common to all %% lies is less influence of spin.

RSS