Forums

Help › Forums

Block player

Wed, Jun 12 2019 3:52 PM (28 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, May 31 2017 10:12 PM

AndyKashu:
    you won't ever stumble over those morons again when creating multiplayer matches or when you want to join one.
    Not true I'm afraid.

Any invites are impossible, but casual encounters may still happen, as Typhoon stated.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, May 31 2017 10:47 PM

Some of us got it a long time ago Andy, well said.

I know I've had to apologise for some stupids remarks in the past,  and nobody on this site is perfect. I'm on some people's block list I know, but at the last count I had 64 on mine, worldwide, so there will always be one.  As far as I can recall, I've not had the pleasure of meeting any of those since I blocked them.

AndyKashu:

This is rubbish. That blocked person also can't send you friend invitations, country club invitations and game invites and of course cannot abuse you by invading your wall. Main reason is, that you won't ever stumble over those morons again when creating multiplayer matches or when you want to join one. If you've found e.g. a sandbagger, block him, done. If everybody blocked him, he would only be able to play with himself but with nobody else evermore. That's the point of blocking and NOT useless at all but utterly necessary to not have to deal with each and every idiot on WGT. Got it?

• AZWizard1
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 7:12 AM

I block quitters, got no use for people who waste my time ... 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 9:13 AM

I quit blockers. Ain't nobody got time for dat. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 9:49 AM

AndyKashu:
    Main reason is, that you won't ever stumble over those morons again when creating multiplayer matches or when you want to join one. If you've found e.g. a sandbagger, block him,

Not so. You're correct on all of your other points but blocking a player as outlined does not prevent them from showing up in a game search. If you're hosting you can obviously boot them but if you're not, your only alternative is to quit the match before it starts.

p.s., Yeah, I saw the dates but players are still believing wrong.  :-)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 9:55 AM

YankeeJim:

AndyKashu:
    Main reason is, that you won't ever stumble over those morons again when creating multiplayer matches or when you want to join one. If you've found e.g. a sandbagger, block him,

Not so. You're correct on all of your other points but blocking a player as outlined does not prevent them from showing up in a game search. If you're hosting you can obviously boot them but if you're not, your only alternative is to quit the match before it starts.

p.s., Yeah, I saw the dates but players are still believing wrong.  :-)

in mobile head to head they are definitely blocked from future matches.

As to PC i can't comment as my PC play is with a limited number of people. i rarely search for random players.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:14 AM

Mythanatos:
    in mobile head to head they are definitely blocked from future matches.

Thanks for that, did not know that was a mobile option. I was talking about the PC version.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 6:26 PM

AZWizard1:

I block quitters, got no use for people who waste my time ... 

I can assure you that the blocking of other players does not prevent you from finding them again in the lobby of a game, i blocked several ''quitters'' ... and the only option (at least in PC) that WGT provides when you block someone ... is just that they can not write in your profile

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 8:19 AM

@Yankee Jim

Correcting myself.

For the first time ever mobile matched me up in a coin room H2H with someone on my block list.  

eating crow with knife and fork.

-Myth

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 10 2018 8:59 AM

LOL. Well now I have learned something, unlearned it and learned it again.  ;-)

RSS