Forums

Help › Forums

System Update ...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 30 2009 9:47 PM (4 replies)
  • DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2009 6:24 AM

First off, just let me say, that all of you in WGT are doing an incredible job with this website and you should all be commended for your hard work and dedication to providing " THE BEST " online golf experience ever produced!

But, would it be possible to provide an accurate time line in regards to seeing the back niine of Kiawah or the new clubs that we amateurs need to improve our games? I undersatnd that these things take time, but even my wife likes to know when the football game will be over, you know? I am not complaining in the least, I am a big supporter of the WGT and its ever growing player family, but a game play update , with approximte dates or times would be nice too.

Keep up the outstanding work and thank you for providing all of us with supperb online game play and hours of competition and fun.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2009 1:05 PM

Hi Dusty, thanks for your support and words of encouragement. Unfortunately we can't share too many details about our product release timeline, but we can say that we plan to release the back 9 within the next few months.

• average
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:02 PM

lol,dont get me wrong this is a great game ,but it still has along way to go before anyone can say it's the best online experience.have any of you ever played online golf(tiger woods) before.I haven't since 2005.when i did, we had multiple online golf communities,and seasons,1000's of player created courses,plus a multiplayer server.

the only setback was that every year you had to buy the game again,plus a new computer as well in most cases.

i definately like the direction this game is going,but i just don't see it ever getting as big or even close.it will although compare.i think the ability to have user created courses is a big thing.it is what drove me to play in multiple seasons at once. that won't work here

i know it's still early and this is only the tip of the iceburg(hopefully). the more the user is included in the developement,the more successful the game will be.it would also take alot of the workload off of the ones who are actually developing this game.

but i don't see any of these things happening.therefore one day the game will hit a wall of creativity, wich is limited with this game.

sorry to be the one to say it,its just the opinion i developed having played 1000's of hours playing and competing in online golf tournaments and matchplay events as well.

anyway good work on what you have showed us so far.beleive me i do appreciate the fact i'm one of the beta testers for this game.tiger woods has a monopoly on online golf.thank you for having the guts to try and compete.

i think i've rambled on enough,but still have a thousand things to say.

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 6:36 AM

Average,I did not realize there was so much focus on ones opinions here. Maybe I should have been more concise and have worded my praise for this site and its talented staff as the best " free , non-upgradable golfing experience" on the net to date. You seem like an intelligent fellow, so why the harsh words against WGT. Tiger Woods is a great game, especially when I watch my 14 year old play it on his Wii.

As for the working man of the house, nothing suits me better than logging into WGT and shooting a round of golf , with friends , never knowing if there were updates to the game or not. I think that is why I keep coming back, because the game is in its incubation stage and the possibilities are endless. I agree, customer feedback is essential to a successful endeavor, and I truly believe that the men and women involved in this effort, honestly take heed to what we have all commented on in the past and , have gone the extra mile to please all of us.

In parting, let me just say that I am a man of positive influences and values. WGT, all be it at a smaller scale, has encapulated several thousand individuals with thier intuitiveness and over-all " likeability " in this vastly enormous market called the internet. I may not have the experience of playing " 1,000's of player created courses or multiple online golfing communities " , all I do knows is that for an hour or so a day, I can lose myself in WGT, getting psyched when I hit the birdie and upset when I bury it in the bunker, all from my desk.

I may not be as savvy as others in the world of online golfing, but I do know what I like and WGT is it.

• driving
    51 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 9:47 PM

putt in practice mode than in ranked mode why would anywhon want to make somebody feel bad is beyond me they should do away with beeing able to exit out of a game and start a new game till they finish a started game wheathther there own or thru an invite

RSS