Help › Forums

Hole Distances Changed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 19 2009 10:31 AM (4 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2009 2:05 AM

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has noticed this issue. I had reached Amateur level, and played a few rounds, but over the past month or so havent had much chance to play.

So - I went and had a few practice rounds before I went on a ranking round. No problems there, the hole distances were those set for Amateur level.

When I went to have a ranked round, after a few holes I suddenly noticed that the holes were 10 - 15 yds longer than I had been use to ???? Naturally I struggled, but manfully came in at 1 over par. I dont pull out of rounds either :-)

So to practice now I have to change my practice level from "Amateur" to "Tournament" to get the holes the right length.

eg Kiawah - 1st Hole 345Yds, 2nd Hole 501 yds, 3rd Hole 319yds etc etc Is that Amateur, Tournament or Pro level ???

Would appreciate anyones thought and comments on this.

Bye the way - great game. Love it - cant wait for the back 9

Cheers from Down Under

Doug

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2009 7:35 AM

Practice mode is kinda goofy when it comes to tee selection.  Hack Tier players should select the 'Amateur' tees (blue) in practice mode and Amateur players should select the 'Professional' tees (white) to get the appropriate hole lengths.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2009 2:59 PM

Hi Nivlac,

Thanks for the comments.

I actually found I had to choose the "Tournament Tees" to get the right distances for the ranked round at Amateur level ???????

One things for sure, that extra yardage certainly makes a big difference. Currently I am practicing a lot and seem to be getting round in par -  or 1 , 2 over at worst.

I guess its just practice, practice practice.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Doug

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2009 8:09 PM

Yup, I forgot about that.  Tournament tees work as well because they aren't built into the game yet.  Tournament tee selection will still send you to the Professional tees... aka the white tees for now.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 10:31 AM

Oh my...  Nevermind.  I found it.  /embarassed.

Please ignore this post.

RSS