Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Pinehurst 2009 Scorecards from JALAII, gitthe, Jarid and nivlac

Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:59 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:23 PM

Thanks for sharing that guys.I still miss Payne in a lot of ways.In my opinion he was the only real competition that Tiger would of had.I sure hated to see him go.

Larry

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:25 AM

I think Payne was a little too old to be considered a real competition for Tiger.  Great scores on Pinehurst, not exactly the easiest place to play for sure, even from the blue tees.  I'm suprised that you don't have a specific color for every single score, why stop at par and birdie.  I can't find my tees much less a bunch of sharpies.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:33 PM

TarheelsRule:
    I think Payne was a little too old to be considered a real competition for Tiger. 

Old or not thats the only one I saw with the same winning drive and spirit.Remember old Tom Watson almost won the British open a couple of years ago.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:09 AM

I don't disagree, Stewart had a great spirit and winning attitude.  I just feel that he would be a little long in the tooth to be a week to week challenge for Tiger now.  Watson is always a threat in the British Open, it was 2009 that he almost, actually should have won had his caddie been smart enough to know he was pumped up and would hit the club on 18 ten yards longer.  Watson is somewhat of an exception since he long ago figured out how to play the Scottish courses.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:59 PM

He could of really got into his head like Tiger did the rest of the field back then.I remember at one point all the good golfers were prepared to settle for second before the tournament even started.That was the saddest thing I have ever seen in the sports world.They would actually do pregame interviews and say as much.I just don't think Stewart would of ever said you can count me out,I'll be happy with first loser.To much fight in him.The reason Stewart came to mind was because of that famous shot on the 16th where the only thing Tiger did wrong was not line the swoosh up,lol.But his reaction then brought Stewart to mind.Thats the only other player I ever seen with the look Tiger had on his face when that shot when in.I wish I could of seen the look on my face.What a shot.

• PAGES
RSS