unfortunately, right now, there is not

-wgticon

• michalla
    398 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:55 AM

bobobest:

hey guys does anyone know can u switch ur avatar to play left handed

hmmm....................
    Sometimes it goes, but it's not the cool shots:):)

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:31 AM

michalla:

bobobest:

hey guys does anyone know can u switch ur avatar to play left handed

hmmm....................
    Sometimes it goes, but it's not the cool shots:):)

I don't know why this happened but my avatar switched to a left-handed stance and I hit the ball with him in that stance.

Guess where the ball went? 

Yep, straight backwards toward me, not toward the hole.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:34 AM

WGTicon:

hi

unfortunately, right now, there is not

-wgticon

Icon,

If there is no way to switch the avatar to a left-handed stance, then please explain the picture is clearly shows a left-handed stance. I know it's true. It also happened to me.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:51 AM

Selecting the "Avatar Movement" option, and then hitting the ball backwards, towards the camera....results in the appearance of a left-handed avatar.

Unfortunately, your avatar is still hitting right-handed....only in the wrong direction.

• michalla
    398 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:08 AM

Jerm65       has a right, of course

, but I'm not sure if it had really happened

(at a magnification of the previous image you see the ball on the same site)

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:40 AM

Jerm65:

Selecting the "Avatar Movement" option, and then hitting the ball backwards, towards the camera....results in the appearance of a left-handed avatar.

Unfortunately, your avatar is still hitting right-handed....only in the wrong direction.

J65,

Thanks for your reply but I did NOT adjust my avatar movement. It simply seems to me to be another in a longgggggggggggggg line of 'character builders'.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 1:51 PM

Rzbk:

Guess where the ball went? 

Yep, straight backwards toward me, not toward the hole.

Which tells me that you were hitting right-handed and facing away from the hole.

The "Avatar Movement"  feature allows your avatar to swivel as you move your aiming mark, in order to show a more realistic angle.  If you aim towards the teebox instead of the green, you'll appear to be hitting left-handed, since the camera angle remains static.

Try it next time you're hitting a shot.  Move your aiming mark forwards and backwards, and watch as your avatar flips 180 degrees back and forth.

PS: if you look closely at the screen-shot you posted...the ball is clearly on the camera side of your club, your glove is on your left hand, and your left hand is higher up on the grip than your right....all of which suggest that you're hitting this shot right-handed.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 2:32 PM

no kidding. avatar faces camera, ball still; goes toward hole

• PAGES
RSS