Sun, Dec 6 2009 7:31 AM (4 replies)
  • paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:26 AM

England v USA - bring it on!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:23 PM

Beware of Slovenia (which is not us). They play a lot like Croatia & could easily whoop anyone's *ss. They sent the Russian billionaires home, and defeated us twice in our qualifying group. The US beat Spain. Things won't be so easy for England, I think!

(As to NZ & Slovakia, both were celebrating when learning of the other team being paired with them. The future will show whose joy was justified tonight.)   

• Zpin
    18 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:25 AM

Being italian (living in canada )im cheering italy, and i see they play Paraguay first round, lets hope its a clean move to the next round to defend there title!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:38 AM

Ha! Then you play against us, Zpin! Paraguay is certainly the no. 2 favourite in that group, but Slovakia is definitely aspiring to take that spot away from them.

Plus, Italy is known to have slow starts to World Cup tournaments, so anything can happen.

For example, if both Italy & Slovakia win their first 2 matches, then Italy may well underestimate Slovakia in the final match, field their B-team (to rest the "best guys"), and might well lose (a) point(s) to Slovakia, and possibly the first place. Not totally improbable!

(We shall revisit this thread in 6 and a half months from now to chuckle at our predictions from today.)

• Zpin
    18 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 7:31 AM

AHHHH, Oh no!

Dont tell me that, i was thinking all last night, it was a easy road to the cup finals!!!

But anyhow, italy did win the last one, so i guesssss its someone's turn to shine the spotlight this year... and yes it could be Paraguay !

Anyways, gl to both teams, tho italy should win *wink* *wink* :D :D :D 

RSS