Forums

Help › Forums

The Art of Sandbagging

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:25 AM (34 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 7:23 PM

Because of some of the way I play, I get accused of sandbagging on a regular basis, from week to week. I call it my weekly autoptcy. In reality the nature of my game dictates something very close to Master without the attainment. Consider this, play 14 rounds of 18 hole golf and see if you can be below a 66 average. If you do, you will become a Master. If you come close, you will become a sandbagger because you didn't make it.The loophole for me is simply posting every score.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 7:32 PM

Your score history does not tell the tale of a sandbagger.  End of story for me, though I know not all may agree.

Shrug it off I guess.  ¯\(°_o)/¯

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:16 PM

God bless you, nivlac. When I make it, and I will, it will be real. Thank you.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:33 PM

Haters will always hate, unfortunately.  Just keep doing your thing and let everyone else worry about themselves for a while.

And if you need any advice or tips, just shoot me a message or invite.  I'll be glad to help you make the transition. =)

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:00 PM

I have the upmost respect for folks that turn in all there rounds...when you make it  you will have the game...all you will have to do is get used to the r9  master driver

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:15 AM

SweetiePie:
    Consider this, play 14 rounds of 18 hole golf and see if you can be below a 66 average. If you do, you will become a Master. If you come close, you will become a sandbagger because you didn't make it.The loophole for me is simply posting every score.

Ok Sweetipie..heres a challenge from me to you. lets play 5 x 9 hole rounds (strokeplay) just me and you over a couple off days.and then lets see ?

Your average at the moment is 67.62 mine is 68.30. So a good 5 match strokeplay competition should tell us something...

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:44 AM

Cobra4...sounds like a setup....play five good rounds and voila!  Master... Please just let those of us that do complete all our rounds and do not aspire to get to master before we do it in, what we believe for us, is the right way.  I mean no criticism of those who do the 'easy nine' route but it isn't for everybody. Thanks...

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:53 AM

Script...every single one off my rounds is recorded, ask any one on the ladder site. Setup ? what do you mean sir,  no -one has anything to hide do they !.... If some one is being accused of being a sandbagger lets shut those people up and prove a point. But sweetiepie has clearly stated that she wont play  strokeplay for some reason....

I dont have a problem with those that want to do it,thats up to them and people know who they are, i certainly couldn't be assed for a few meagerly credits every week,  what i dont like to see is people winging about being called a sandbagger when they insinuate that other people are doing it as well in other threads and to peoples walls......

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:59 AM

Script:
    what we believe for us, is the right way. 

That quote says it all Script

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:26 AM

cobra4:

Script:
    what we believe for us, is the right way. 

That quote says it all Script

Huh?

RSS