Forums

Help › Forums

ghosts on the greens

Sun, Sep 22 2019 1:22 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 9:44 AM

I am aware that there have been updates to the putting since yesterday, but I am still experiencing the same issues today. I had a putt from 3.5 feet on hole # 4 , hit it perfect, and when it got to the hole, it disappeared just before the hole and reappeared 45 degrees to the left of the hole. I am not sure if anyone else has reported this to you today, but I thought it was important for you to know. Thanks.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 1:53 PM

Hi Dusty, this is good to know so thanks for reporting. Did you experience this on any other holes other than #4?

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 2:18 PM

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.  The first time I thought I was nuts.  Then it happened again.  So far only on 4 but, I 3 putted it from 3 foot.  every time hitting the hole.  Maybe a tad off center but the same result.  It appears to go under the hole.  

Anyone able to help with this?

This Just happened to me again I just finished putting out on 4 or maybe I didn't?

• Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 3:08 PM

I'm seeing a lot of the ball disappearing when putting. It is should drop into the cup, but at times just before the cup, the ball will "blend in" with the green in front of the hole.

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 5:03 PM

Hole 5 is doing the same thing. I had to 3 putt from 3 feet. Anyone else having this issue?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 9:24 PM

The grounds keeper who let the “ghosts” on the green has been terminated. His replacement has restored the greens to their proper form and they should once again play as intended. If you find anymore issues with the greens acting strange please save the replay and post here so we can address them.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 1:39 AM

Thanks Alex!

I have played through a few times now, and am happy to report all the cups seem to be as they were before the update.  Good job to everyone who worked hard to getting this fixed quickly.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 5:50 AM

looks good alex:)

could you guys consider giving up 3-4mph HEAD wind on #9, it gets tiring hitting 3wood to the same green every time!@

it wont make the hole any easier, just a bit more interesting:)

• SilentUnicorn
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 5:35 PM

And how about a good wind from Right to left on the dogleg....7 ithink.

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 7:00 PM

Thanks Alex, I didn't want anyone to be terminated for the old disappearing ball trick. I am glad to hear that the problem is fixed. Great job by all of you at WGT for bringing this issue to an end. I have enjoyed every day that I have played and will continue to play. I am a big supporter of WGT and ask all my friends and businees associates all about it. I am very happy to be a part of the family !

Thanks again!

• PAGES
RSS