Matchplay Blah Blah

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:13 PM (7 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:02 PM

Ahem ahem

Sorry was trying to clear my throat

I'd like to start off by saying the matchplay challenge is a great addition to the game and I am enjoying it very much. Round of applause for WGT.

You know hows there's always a "BUT" to every situation, well there is one to this one also. Here is the scenario. Say I'm 4up in a match. Well it looks like the game is pretty much over. Then the excuses start coming. Blah blah this and blah blah that. Next the request to drop match comes :)

Oh and thats the kicker. Personally I believe there should'nt be a request to drop match function in a matchplay challenge. You were man/woman enough to accept the challenge so finish it out with some dignity.

And even if there was a dire emergency and you had to leave i dont think losing 100, 200 credits is gonna matter that much anymore.

Sorry if i seem mean, but It seems as though when a match is almost over the suggest boxes come pouring in. :)

Have a nice day all

• timpyron1980
    56 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:05 PM

I WOULD TO LIKE TO ADD ANOTHER COMPLAINT. I WAS PLAYING IN A MATCH THAT I WAS LEADING AND MY INTERNET STARTED ACTING UP. I GOT DROPPED BY MY INTERNET 3 DIFFERENT TIMES BUT WAS ABLE TO RECONNECT IN A MATTER OF SECONDS. AFTER THE 3RD TIME I FOUND THAT I WAS DQ'D FROM THE MATCH AND LOST THE CREDITS WE WERE PLAYING FOR IN A MATCH THAT APPEARED I WAS GONNA WIN. THIS WAS NOT FAIR, I HATE TO COMPLAIN, BUT I LIKE HAVING A GREAT MATCH PLAY RECORD AND LOW AVERAGE. I DONT APPRECIATE A LOSS IN A  MATCH OVER SOMETHING I HAD NO CONTROL OVER!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:09 PM

Timpyron1980 - please email us at members@worldgolftour.com so we can look into this further for you.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:26 PM

thanks for the great post and not taking my original thread completely off track

:)

oh and one more thing, the all caps was very professional

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:35 AM

Back on topic.... Sorry Rob but I think I need to disagree with this one.  I think there needs to be an opportunity to cancel the match now that credits are involved, due to extraneous circumstances, as long as both parties agree.  Unfortunately this is not the real game of golf and the etiquette of golf does not seem to apply to all individuals here.  There are people out there who will try to bail on an agreement because they are losing and when the drop match is refused, they will badger the other player to no end.  We've seen it even before credits were at stake.  It sucks, I know, but it is the nature of anonymity and the internet.  The solution to this is akin the the q-word issue, just make a note of the person and avoid them in the future.

• timpyron1980
    56 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:37 AM

Hey lilrob, let me first apologize for my improper  typing, i didnt know i was being graded on typing skills. As far as your thread being taking off track, i think you should have used another topic other than "Matchplay Blah Blah" ; thats kinda wide open to any match play concerns in my opinion. But i will do my best for now on to make you proud with my new found typing skills...lol

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:39 AM

Please be nice or this thread will be locked, thanks.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:13 PM

heh

RSS