Putting on #9 since update

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 9 2009 11:27 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 11:09 AM

Alex,

What happened with the putting on hole 9 since the update today?

I have two saved videos dated 1/8.  One shows the ball headed towards the hole and at the last moment breaks almost 45 degrees for no apparent reason as the speed of the dots on the putting grid were of equal speed all the way to the hole.

The second the avatar lined up way off on a short putt and I could not get him to align towards the hole.  This was while playing a tournament I paid for, I just gave up.  (Didn't have a great score going anyway).

Help!

Caven

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 11:15 AM

Wow.  That's bad.  Especially the first one.  It just shot right for no reason what so ever.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 11:33 AM

It's lipping out on the phantom cup because the graphics placement is off.... Same as on #5, and not as bad but still there on #3 and #8

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 11:34 AM

Hi Caven, this was a bug that was introduced with our system update today. We are trying to get a fix in ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update: we should have a fix for this by the end of today. There were some missing files that we had to replace. Thanks for your patience.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 12:20 PM

Ah, then it wasn't me.  I've done some strange things playing this game, but this was even beyond me.

Any chance I can re-play the paid to play tournament I was in?

Keep up the good work.

Caven

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 1:06 PM

Good point on replay. That was a concern I had when paying a fee while still on beta.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2009 3:56 PM

Actually Alex, the more I think about it anyone who played in a tournament today after the update should be granted an opportunity to re-play that tournament as he/she was at a disadvantage compared to other players.

• VAbeach
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 10:33 AM

Guess the fix isn't in yet as I just putted right through the "hole" on #5. Don't know about the rest. Not much point in playing till the bug is squashed.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 10:38 AM

Alex,

By your silence I guess that there won't be any replaying for the day.

Mine was not merely a graphics problem but an executable bug.

No big deal, you've fixed the problem I had but there are still some ball disappearing before the hole on some holes, now can you fix my poor play?

Still love the game and love you folks and your efforts.

Caven

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 11:00 AM

I believe you should get another chance.  You have replays that clearly show something major was wrong and it was unbeknownst to you at the time.  With that being said, this little excerpt lives in the Terms & Conditions:

All Beta Tests (Private And Public):

(1) & (2) left out, they do not apply.

(3) By starting a beta game, you agree that: (i) playing beta games is at your own risk and that you know that the games may include known or unknown bugs, (ii) any value or status indicators that you achieve through game play may be erased at any time, (iii) WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) has no obligation to make these games available, (iv) WORLD GOLF TOUR's Terms & Conditions apply to your use of the games during the testing phase, and (v) if it is a private beta test, you will keep all information about the beta games confidential as stated above and not disclose such information to any other person.

Yay for technicalities. :-/

Again Alex, even with that being present in the T's & C's, I think a special exception should be made in this case under these particular circumstances.  This wasn't a minor bug.  This was a pretty big oops.  That's my two cents anyway.  Good Luck Caven.

• PAGES
RSS