Help › Forums

A Reliable Putting Distance Formula

Mon, May 29 2017 10:19 PM (32 replies)
  • bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:36 PM

golfer342:

Beatty167:

The reason all of you people aren't successful in life is that you waste your time on bs like this game

You should post then drink...not the other way around!

ROFLMAO

• bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 8:51 PM

SgtDoodles:

Your formula for tournament greens doesn't cover the 3 different tournament greens. There are Tour Master Ranked Round tournament greens (in-between), Ready-Go tournament greens (slightly slower) and Legend Ranked Round tournament greens (slightly faster). I can confirm with other experienced players these three are slightly different. Which of the three did you use to make these calculations?

Sarge,

I see what you mean.  The 70% is for TM Ranked greens.  Legend Ranked Round tournament greens are 60%.  As for the Ready-Go's, I am in the dark, but it would take one green for me to figure out the adjustment, which is pretty obvious, I think.

Thanks for the question!

• bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 8:56 PM

bisaacs1963:

birdwell:

I find that If you add the 2 ft. of power to get it past the hole Before subtracting the percentage (or actually I multiply by .7 or .8 or whatever - same thing, just easier to do on a calculator) you will get more consistent results over various distances - you won't be blowing that 7 footer by the hole and that 17 footer will still get there nicely.

I'll try that out and post my experience back on here.  That thought has occurred to me, but I got into the habit of the way I do it, so....  

Thanks for the tip!

Birdwell,

I've tried your method and you are correct.  I've incorporated it into the formula and now use it myself.  Thanks!

• bisaacs1963
    52 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:05 PM

SGTBilko:

Wow! Shorter version of this..... Use This!

Of course you have to adjust your speed based upon flat, uphill or downhill putt but a lot easier....

Sgt B,

True, this does appear to be a simpler approach.  However I personally find the routine I go through to determine putting distance to act like a mantra and focus me for the task.  Yes, that sounds much too serious, I know.  But it works for me.  Thanks for posting this scale, I'm sure some players will find it very useful for them.

• silver61
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 10:21 PM

so how does the formula work for a putt of say 15ft with 15inch drop in elevation?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:18 AM

silver61:

so how does the formula work for a putt of say 15ft with 15inch drop in elevation?

HTBL     hope to be lucky   ;-)

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:43 AM

considering the break... did noone of you ever think about timing an averagly moving dot and getting something going with that?

Just my thoughts about this topic... :-)

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:15 PM

one of the best in the game... !! gotta know what the hell you mean by that and how you use that LOL ?????? thanks for any reply

• 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:47 AM

silver61:

Wait for a gust of wind and hope you dont get a time out warning.

• ProDuffer1
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 11:11 AM

Is that why you also play this game?

RSS